Home owner horror stories

A very good friends of mine told me a horror story about his neighbors and I thought this might spark a few cathartic conversations.

The neighbors, who actually have 2 very bad situations, are chronic pot smokers but at the same time keep a good yard and clean outward appearance.

Anyway my friend was talking to them and the neighbor lady mentioned how she discovered a local ivy growing inside her house. It turns out the siding on her house had rotted away and the ivy had grown THROUGH the walls and joined the other plants she maintained in the living room. It's been about 3 months, they still haven't fixed it yet.

I've seen this house, it doesn't look like a crack house or in terrible disrepair. It looks just like any other house, so I'm amazed something like this could happen.

The other bad story relates to some windows they bought. Appearently they got some sort of coated replacement windows and the people who installed them installed the windows backwards - so the coating was inside instead of outside (or vice versa, honestly I'm not sure I understand what he meant by that). How can you install windows backwards, I didn't think they were symmetrical like that. Anyway I guess the neighbors are just going to leave them like that. Too much trouble to replace them.

Reply to
Eigenvector

Troll,troll, trolling

Reply to
tinacci336

I guess I'm not sure why you consider this post a troll, but you're perfectly free to ignore the post if you wish as is everyone else.

Personally I define troll as:

Often, a person will post a sincere message about which he is emotionally sensitive. Skillful trolls know that an easy way to upset him is to falsely claim that he is a "troll." In forums where most users are similar to each other, outsiders may be perceived as trolls simply because they do not fit into the social norms of that group. It can sometimes be difficult to distinguish between a user who merely has different values, views, or ideas, and a user who is intentionally trolling. This can lead to genuinely hostile behavior, including flame wars.

Taken from the Wikipedia. I don't see how this fit into that category. In any case, vive la difference.

Reply to
Eigenvector