Goodbye 100w, 75w Incandescent Lamps

BS, pure BS. The cost to drill from the perimeter would be vastly higher and the value of the oil is still too low to profit from it yet.

Absolutely it does, whether your blinder let you see it or not.

I specified non oil well projects, which have been drilling vastly deeper than normal oil wells, depth comparable to the distances that would be needed.

No wells, but there are indeed drilled holes in that depth range.

Simply the price of oil. You go bonkers and try to get approval to drill the cheap way while the value of the oil isn't enough to justify the cost of the unconventional drilling. As the oil prices go up you get closer to the point where the more expensive route can be profitable.

Yep, chomping for what they can get from tried and true conventional drilling. Oil prices need to be higher to generate interest in accessing the oil through more difficult methods.

You are the joke with your tunnel vision.

Nothing at all silly about having the sense to look at what could be done vs. keep the blinders on looking only at what is currently being done.

What mystery technology do you believe would need to exist? Holes of comparable depths have already been drilled for research.

They go for the low hanging fruit first. when that is exhausted they'll look at the harder to reach spots.

That's the most moronic thing you've said so far. Why would they clamor to try something new and untested, when the process could end up costing

120% of the value of what they extract? When prices go up enough it will start to look attractive.

Again, everything you claim is just a matter of the economics, not technological feasibility.

I'm not making up anything.

Reply to
Pete C.

Hmmm.....box cutters.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Hmmm.....box cutters.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Hmmm......box cutters, and this time, let's add another deadly (but ancient) weapon: Cash.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Maybe he's smart enough to make up his own mind, unlike millions of people who run their lives according to a dusty old book written by REGULAR MEN WHO SOLD THEMSELVES AS HOLY AND GOT AWAY WITH IT.

They voted for Bush. What experience did he have that was so fabulous? Wrecking Harken Oil, leaving its investors holding the bag?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I'd be happy with someone who could speak our native language without a script.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

That wouldn't surprise me in the least. In that event, you can be sure they will be disposed of into the general waste stream here.

Reply to
Jim Redelfs

Yeah, the only ones that DIDN'T (and don't) like the deposit practice were the manufacturers, retailers and consumers.

Reply to
Jim Redelfs

Isn't it?

Reply to
Jim Redelfs

That's what I suggested, but they keep giving him hours to work when he's home from college. Pity her poor husband, who was pushing her up the ladder from behind. He could've been killed if she'd gone the other way.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Yes. Where CANS were implemented, the deposit scheme worked reasonably well. (Sorry, Pete.) :)

You need to get your mind right, Bub!

Reply to
Jim Redelfs

That was explained earlier. Maybe this will help:

JoeSpareBedroom

You could view it that way. Or, maybe we could see it as renting the containers. If you get a keg of beer and a tap/hose for a party, do you expect to pay nothing for the container if you don't return it?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Somebody had to be paid to pick up the empties. Money is the only thing that makes people behave correctly. You know that.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

It's not a valid comparison on many levels.

Sleeping in my own bed and using my own toilet has distinct advantages for me. Avoiding the all-night, elephant dance competition in the motel room above me is a high priority, too.

Stepping-out of my door directly into a pristine wilderness, only to witness a bull elk grazing a few hundred feet away just isn't the same as stepping out the motel door, through the clouded "gauntlet" of those getting their first, morning's nicotine fix, to the panorama of a parking lot and Hardees.

Nobody said RVing was cheap. My Silverado is proof enough.

Reply to
Jim Redelfs

ARGH!! [ROFL] :)

Alright, you're redeemed. That's funny! Hehehehehe!

Reply to
Jim Redelfs

This is good stuff! I swear, if you gave him a chance, even you would come to appreciate Limbaugh. Too funny...

Reply to
Jim Redelfs

Probably the same things that prevent illegal aliens from being accurately reported and counted. It all depends on which side of the issue you embrace.

Reply to
Jim Redelfs

When your car's about to be ungulged in flames and incinerate your worthless body, you'll wish you'd paid the $800 an hour to know what I know.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Direct from the Louvre to your lawn:

JoeSpareBedroom