Goodbye 100w, 75w Incandescent Lamps

Hells, bells. A modicum of life experience and a LITTLE technical reading disallows such ridiculous speculation. Thanks for taking the time to bury him with (apparent) facts. I learned something, too. Good show.

Reply to
Jim Redelfs

I think the causality link implied by this analysis needs scrutiny.

Reply to
CJT

For god's sake, man! Do us all a favor and TELL HIM!!

Reply to
Jim Redelfs

The meds must be kicking-in.

Reply to
Jim Redelfs

It gets worse, the neighbors have started to complain about the 7500 bikes locked up all around the house.

The busses have bike racks. It's only a problem when they're full -- they only hold two or three bikes. The trick is to avoid when high schoolers are riding the bus. It's never a problem when I ride before 7am.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

Nah. That's bogus.

We should never use such commercials because they are annoying, wasteful and don't work.

You said it!

Reply to
Jim Redelfs

snipped-for-privacy@manx.misty.com (Don Klipstein) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@manx.misty.com:

there was an interesting opinion piece today

)about Obama being a Muslim. It seems that if born a Muslim,one is always a Muslim,or becomes an apostate,and OK to be killed by any Faithful. Koran does not permit conversion to other religions from Islam.

Aside from all that,I do not understand why anyone would vote for such an inexperienced person like Obama OR Hillary for a critically important position as POTUS.(Besides,Hillary being a big crook.)

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Different certainly, but I'm not convinced of better by any means.

Reply to
Pete C.

That's too bad. I'll bet you pay dearly for electric service.

Reply to
Jim Redelfs

Evidently, you do not know the difference between "accuracy" and "precision." But that's okay. I don't think the distinction was emphasized through the GED level.

In not every state was abortion illegal in 1973.

From the above referenced report: "For each year since 1969, CDC has compiled abortion data by state or area of occurrence. During 1973--1997, data were received from or estimated for

52 reporting areas in the United States: 50 states, the District of Columbia, and New York City. In 1998 and 1999, CDC compiled abortion data from 48 reporting areas. Alaska, California, New Hampshire, and Oklahoma did not report, and data for these states were not estimated. For 2000--2002, Oklahoma again reported these data, increasing the number of reporting areas to 49.

"A total of 854,122 legal induced abortions were reported to CDC for 2002 from 49 reporting areas, representing a 0.1% increase from the 853,485 legal induced abortions reported by the same 49 reporting areas for 2001. The abortion ratio, defined as the number of abortions per 1,000 live births, was 246 in 2002, the same as reported for 2001. The abortion rate was 16 per

1,000 women aged 15--44 years for 2002, the same as for 2001. For the same 48 reporting areas, the abortion rate remained relatively constant during 1997--2002."

These data are not from the "Right to Life" bunch nor from the pro-abortion people. These data are from the CDC, an organization which is chock-a-block full of epidemiologists and biological statisticians. They've been cranking numbers for over sixty years and have a pretty good track record for reliability.

My formal education is a tad beyond the GED level. In addition to a masters in math and attending law school, I graduated from the State Department's Foreign Service Academy and spent 9 months in Viet Nam (bummer). I also served (for a short time) as an AA to a United States Senator (double bummer). I've got a diploma from the DEA's Advanced Narcotics school, the FBI's Into to Bombs and Explosives, and spent 8 years as a deputy sheriff. I've translated the Bible into Morse Code and written the book "Toilet Tissue Origami - The Ultimate Book for the John."

If you want to match bits of paper - which really signify zilch - I'd be glad to give it a go.

On the other hand, if you just want to sling insults, I'm vulnerable on my affection for well-developed breasts.

Reply to
HeyBub

They desired affordable, clean electric power.

Life must surely be depressing in "the glass is half EMPTY" world.

Reply to
Jim Redelfs

Jim Redelfs wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.phx.highwinds-media.com:

trying to handle radioactively HOT spent fuel rods is a *quick* suicide.

Wikipedia has a nice piece on pebble-bad reactors and the fuel "pebbles",fully describing the outer shell each pebble gets,and discusses security.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

I know I would be more than comfortable personally driving the semi with those casks to Yucca, especially if I have clearance to drive over any protesters who get in the way.

Reply to
Pete C.

Nixon's "Silent Majority" strikes again.

Reply to
Jim Redelfs

No, you have your head stuck on the limits of how the technology is currently used. Take off the blinders and look at how it could be used with a little modification.

Reply to
Pete C.

Hey, endorphin addict: How does the bike get to work?

...and you're saving the planet, too. Wotta guy.

Reply to
Jim Redelfs

Only if you're an idiot.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Are you living in a fantasy world? Pay attention to your local politics, especially when stupid projects are at stake. Someone ALWAYS gets paid to love stupid projects. ALWAYS. No politician does anything out of the goodness of their heart.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

You condescending, arrogant liberals are beneath contempt.

"Give us the poor, minority, uneducated, unequally-treated, hungry, poorly clothed, homeless unfortunates of our mean, evil society - and we'll keep 'em down for ya."

Really? Now THAT was bad. I would've tossed her back into the pool.

Reply to
Jim Redelfs

I no longer live there. I have no idea what they pay for service. However, I know that a significant number of citizens were more comfortable without a nuclear power plant located in a place that could never be evacuated.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom