Good service from A/C repairman

CB doesn't get that everyday joes can take a test on epatest.com and then walk into Graingers and buy a PERFECTLY LEGAL jug for $49.50, just like I did. The green EPA card in my wallet is every bit as good as his.

Reply to
Bruce

Read it again Sam...that 609 card, does not make it legal for you to buy

22....sorry..thats a MVAC card..and R22 ISNT used in automotive..but if you took the test, you would know that....and yes...there is a HUGE difference in what you can legally get with a MVAC or a real HVAC card....Grainger counter people did the same thing here...till an audit. 608...and anyone selling to you otherwise, is asking for a EPA audit.

Oh..and its not 49.50...if you are paying that now, you are getting screwed...oh...but thats why I always have given R22 away on service calls..LOL...$32.00 even...course, Grainger IS the highest priced so called supply store..about 2X what the local HVAC centers are for anything...remember that when you think you got a good deal. Now..this time next year, expect it to be in the $60-80 range like it was 3 weeks ago.. and for it to peak at over $150 a jug...also, if you knew about the legal aspect or R22, you would have known about the cutback in production...

Reply to
CBHvac

WRONG.........see:

can buy refrigerant under the sales restriction? The following people can buy any type of refrigerant under the sales restriction (for instance, R-11, R-22, and R-12), except for "small cans" containing less than 20 pounds of any ozone-depleting refrigerants suitable for use in a car air conditioner (for example, R-12 or HCFC blends): a.. technicians certified for Type I, Type II, or Type III equipment by a certification program approved by EPA under section 608 of the Clean Air Act. b.. employers of certified technicians, or the employers' authorized representatives, if the employer provides the wholesaler with evidence that he or she employs at least one certified technician. "Employers" includes building owners who have a contract with a certified technician to perform installation or service. c.. manufacturers of air-conditioning and refrigeration equipment, where the refrigerant is used in the manufacture of the equipment. The following people can buy any type of refrigerant under the sales restriction (for instance, R-11, R-22, and R-12), including "small cans" containing less than 20 pounds of any ozone-depleting refrigerants suitable for use in car air conditioners (for example, R-12 or HCFC blends):

a.. technicians certified for MVACs by a certification program approved by EPA under section 609 of the Clean Air Act. b.. persons who buy refrigerants only for resale to certified technicians (e.g., wholesalers, reclaimers). c.. persons who purchase refrigerants only for export outside the U.S. or shipment outside the U.S. on marine vessels

Reply to
Steve Newman

I did....and guess what?

R22 is ONLY for sale to SIX OH NINE techs...thats 609..

BTW, its on question #20 on the 608 test...on a bus, that uses a R22 system...can a 608 licenced person buy R22 to repair it, and the CORRECT answer is no... So take it up with the EPA..

I will have to look, but its in the 608 book...that same example.

Reply to
CBHvac

You can't read? What do I win?

Reply to
Bruce

Thanks for reminding me of one of the reasons I left the business (try decaf, boss).

Reply to
Dave