Broward factory service a/c

One of my neighbors, an elderly lady, has a maintenance contract with Broward Factory Service for her home a/c which is leaking freon. She has had them out 6 times in the past few months for service on the a/c and all they do in replace the freon. So far they have resisted replacing the condenser where the leak is. Outside of the illegality of their continuing to replace the freon, is there anything that you can suggest to get them to do the replacement of the condenser outside of a lawsuit? TIA, Art.

Reply to
Arthur Davis

Something doesnt sound right about your story. Broward will make money if they do more work or replace anything Right , Or am I missing something. Plus how do You know the condenser and not 10 other things are leaking

Reply to
m Ransley

How much, and where? You are SURE about this?

And you have seen this? You have copies of the repair orders?

What if its the evap coil? Lineset??

Ummm...legal issues? Oh..you mean the EPA? Get this..depending on the leak, its not illegal.

Lawsuit? Holy crap batman...another sue happy person.. By all means...sue them, and make damn sure you go for all those extra damages. That $500 outdoor unit will be worth 1.5 million in short order..and people complain now about AC companies prices..

First. Why is she still focking around with them if they are giving her run around? Get another company out for a 2nd opinion.

Second. Why hasnt she called the owner of the compay and voiced her concerns? Perhaps the owner has no idea what his techs are doing in the field. That happens more often than you think.

Third Has anyone (including you since you are so concerned) told them to find, document and attempt repair on the leak? Or even gone so far as to ask them to replace the defective part?

Reply to
CBHVAC

If it's a warranty as I think it is then they don't want to replace as it may cost too much for them. All they want to do is put in gas and keep it running. If you live in South Florida I will give you some other companies to call but most just want to do the least they can as their obligation is to keep the unit running. I am not an attorney but I don't think there is a recourse. You might try call the company's manager and see what he/she suggest..

Don't tell me what I can understand, tell me what I can't mis-understand (Gen. Douglas McArthur)! No matter what you do you are a problem solver....what do you do? Arthur, Website:

Email: snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net

Reply to
Arthur

I was with ECM and they did the same. I needed freon added about three times a year. I changed companies to CAC and by that time I needed the freon added more often. They put the repair off long enough to claim that the leak was caused by a rusted hole in the condenser and they showed me in the contract that rust is not covered. They all find a way not to replace anything. I'm not taking any more insurance and taking my chances.

Reply to
JerryL