do I need A/C service

Usually, I have A/C serviced every six months. There is this A/C which I have not used for the past six months. Does it still need service?

Reply to
Oumati Asami

Of course not, just don't use it for another six months--and then, don't service it again. geeze..

Reply to
Bill

Did the refrigerant leak out?

Reply to
Handy Andy

What kind of AC and why does any AC need service every 6 months? If it's being used frequently, then clean or change the filter. End of story, unless it's defective.

Reply to
trader_4

I think you are getting suckered.

There is almost nothing to service in an AC system. Just change the filter. Depending on the type. If one of the dollar ones, once a month while in use is plenty, often I go 2 months between changes as I have a heat pump and run it all year. The filter is seldom very dirty.

If the outside unit is in an area where it is very dirty and dusty you may want the unit cleaned every year or two. Mine is in an area where it isn't dusty and I clean it every few years.

If it has a leak in the refrigerent (most will say freon)get it repaired.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Yes.

Reply to