Trying to locate 40 yr old bathroom tile

I am trying to locate 40 pieces of 4x4 in American Olean tile (color - possibly is pink blush) to repair shower in my home built in the 1960's.

Reply to
Larry Thompson

Hi,

I have bever seen a tile that was milled longer than ten eyars...all you can do is try to come close in another brand.

candice

Reply to
CLSSM00X7

LOL!

I might actually have some in my basement, pink, from a bathroom built in that era (my best guess). I doubt I have that much and I'd keep it for my own repairs.

There are shops around that handle old bathroom fixtures. Try searching for salvage yards, particularly ones with old toilets (which were made in colors not easily replaced now). There was a shop locally I know of, but it closed and the contents were auctioned off. Also, you could see if there is some kind of old home salvage organization. We have one that saves old things from old houses and sells them so homeowners can preserve the original character of their homes.

Reply to
2pAC

You might try the building contractor, or the tile contractor, on the outside chance that their stock room is like Fibber McGee's closet and they stil have some, or there is some old timer who remembers installing the same time in other houses :o) Not much chance, but you never know. Or, take a sample to a couple of local contractors to see if they are doing a tear out and can same some for you. Seems it would be easer to get it redone, and one color for 40 years is a LONG time, even for me :o)

Reply to
RamblinOn