Genie Keyless Garage Door Pad Opener - No Electrician Needed as It's Wireless

Are the subject openers hard to install? I can drill holes and screw it to the side of the garage door, but the instructions for putting in a four-digit code seem rather confusing.

Just wondering if I should buy one and if I can program it.

Thanks in advance.

Corinne

Reply to
Corinne

Grab a 12 or 14 year old boy off the street to program if for you. Can't be very hard but the instructions can be difficult to follow. The kid won't even pay attention to the instructions and will have it programed and explained to you (very slowly) before you can read the instructions. Not trying to put anyone down, just an estimate based on experience.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

I don't see why you couldn't. I installed one a month or so ago with no problem.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Genie's keypad is very easy to program, you can read the instructions here:

Rich

I bought mine, programmed it next to the opener, while I was on an ladder. Then I screwed it to the wall. Works great.

Reply to
SQLit