Fridge problem

I have a 13 month old Gallery Series Fridigair. In the past few day the freezer has became much warmer and the ice maker does not work. The center of the fridge (that divides the freezer and fridge) has become very hot to the touch. As far as I know there are no parts in between the fridge and freezer, but all in the bottom. I cleaned the coils which weren't dirty as all and all let the entire thing rest for a day. Now it seems the fridge part has stopped colling. Any advice before I call this in. Also the water dispenser seems to work fine so it isnt frozen and the water supply for the ice maker run up the back of the fridge.

Reply to
rednelb

"rednelb" wrote

There ARE heaters in the frame. This keeps it from sweating and from the door freezing shut.

Sounds like you either have a bad thermostat, bad compressor, or a gremlin. I would call someone out to look at it. It doesn't sound like it is getting any better....

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

Try

and
for some troubleshooting tips. Could be a number of things. and yes, the icemaker could be frozen right at the spout. Or it could be a dozen other things topping it. One month out of warranty/ Perfect timing! Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

Edwin Pawlowski

This is Turtle.

Sounds like you lost the condenser fan motor in the back where you cleaned the back coil. Check to see if the condenser fan motor is running when you have let it run for over 1 hour.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

Hi,

Model#?

model# helps.

The icemaker needs the freezer to get below 15ºF to work, if the freezer warms up the icemaker will stop as well.

Make sure the condensor fan motor is operating and that the hot condensor tubing are clean...

Some other not cooling common trouble makers...

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff