Faucet Replacement Question

I need to replace the cartridge in a leaky faucet. How do I determine the correct replacement when I don't know what brand the faucet is? The little filter at the end of the faucet probably had the name, but it has been replaced. If I take the cartridge out, will it have the name/model on it?

Reply to
Mike Donnelly

Anthony Diodati

"Anthony Diodati" wrote in news:bubjr1$5gq$ snipped-for-privacy@ngspool-d02.news.aol.com:

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Yes, that does seem like the only way to go. I thought it was a Kohler faucet because the sink is Kohler. My plumber took a look and he didn't recognize it as a Kohler faucet.

I looked all over the Kohler web site and didn't find any faucet models that were even close. I looked at a bunch of the other faucet manufacturers, but struck out. Moen was closest, but it wasn't quite right. Oh, well. At worst, we'll need to replace the whole fixture. It's only money :(

Reply to
Mike Donnelly