Exterior Front Door: Ball park estimate for replacement

What can I expect to pay to replace an exterior front door?

Current door is metal with foam core. Door is 18 years old, and bits of foam are falling out of the bottom.

If it matters, I live in Northern Virginia.

Thanks,

Bob

Reply to
Robert Fenster

Jim85CJ

Ummmm.... Its a house, not a car.

Reply to
Robert Fenster

Ummmm.... Its a house, not a car.

Reply to
Robert Fenster

I replaced my backdoor last year with a prehung metal door from HD. Installed it myself so my cost was for the door/frame, which was about $300-$400 as I recall. Took only a couple of hours. All you do is remove the old door and frame and install the new frame, making sure you square the corners and shim it properly. Of course, you could use the old frame if it's in good condition but I didn't want to mess with installing hinges (prehung doors already have hinges). HD would have done the installation for about $150 (this is in Texas).

Reply to
fatman985