expensive outlet

What is this and why is it worth $100?
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 04 Aug 2018 20:57:08 -0400, micky

Here's one for $170!!
(Amazon.com product link shortened)tail
I gather the goal is provide an elecrtrical receptacle that will not interfere with the sound from your Victrola. Or your $10,000 sound system, so what's another $170? But shouldn't you replace every outlet in your house with these.
If these cost retail 170, then I suppose wholesale their about 85, and the elecrician should charge what, 245, 340? to put each one in??
I think there's one born every minute.
On 08/04/2018 08:03 PM, micky wrote:

Rhodium plated
Which somehow reminds me of "we are rhodomagnetic",
[snip]
On Saturday, August 4, 2018 at 8:57:13 PM UTC-4, micky wrote:

It's for audio buffs who believe that the more expensive a receptacle is, the better it must sound. Like oxygen free cables that cost $1000 I think they even have that crap for HDMI, where it's digital.
In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 4 Aug 2018 18:04:35 -0700 (PDT), trader_4

It is amazing. Have you heard about gluten-free water?
On 08/04/2018 08:17 PM, micky wrote:

I haven't, but I have had cholesterol-free bread and sugar-free water.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

www.Claraglutenfreewater.com
Price: 12 + Shipping
“Water so premium you’ll want it on your scotch shelf.”
Our premium 750ml glass-model vessel of Clara Water is the flagship water-themed product for lifestyle-oriented individuals who transcend the simple mindset of Dasani or SmartWater. This water is sourced in Canada and is lovingly contained in Clara’s beautiful swing-top clear glass bottle to showcase Clara’s purity and joie de vive.
Perfect for sharing among close lifestyle-oriented friends.
--
Why Clara

Living a clean lifestyle can be difficult when you’re uncertain of where
On 08/05/2018 01:07 AM, micky wrote:
[snip]

"Sourced in Canada" doesn't really tell you whether it came from a clear mountain stream in the wilderness or from someone's toilet where dogs are afraid to drink.
On 08/05/2018 12:07 AM, micky wrote:

When I was trucking I called my dispatcher and she said "You're going to load water out of Philipsburg going to the Bay." Since I wasn't driving a tanker I wondered how I would keep it from leaking.
Sure enough there was a spring in P-burg that was bottling the stuff for the yuppie crowd. P-burg used to be a mining town so I imagine the water had the MDR of heavy metals.
Later they started a brewery to use the water. Value added don't you know.
On 8/4/18 8:57 PM, micky wrote:

Did you miss the $238 model ?
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
Some people buy Ford, some buy Rolls-Royce. Whatever........
On 08/04/2018 08:36 PM, "\"Retired"@Home.com wrote:

I don't know what good rhodium does in outlets, except for making them more expensive.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

Are they UL listed?
--
Tekkie

On 8/4/2018 9:36 PM, "\"Retired"@Home.com wrote:

And yet, they both get from point A to point B. For many, it's all about image.
On 08/04/2018 09:45 PM, Meanie wrote:

Funny thing, the guy who is really wealthy is probably driving the Ford.
On 08/05/2018 12:42 AM, rbowman wrote:
[snip]

Contrary to popular belief, having money doesn't mean you have to waste it. To me, the Rolls-Royce is unlikely to be any better than the Ford. Probably more expensive maintenance, but not better.
BTW, my mother had a Volvo, with a continuing fuel system problem. It cost a lot to get towed and repaired every few months. That's why I didn't get it when she needed something else.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/
In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 4 Aug 2018 21:36:30 -0400, "\"Retired"@Home.com wrote:

Oh, yeah, non-crystals. That's important.
My nephew did his thesis on Nano-crystals and High Fidelity Music
But he points out that people need to buy rhodium wall-switches too, not just receptacles. And the breaker box should be rhodium plated with sprinkles of nano crystals. And whipped cream.

This is for audiophools who can hear the oxygen in their speaker wires. I suppose if you think it works, it works.

It's the Japanese version of the PT Barnum Super Audiofool model.

Too bad the oxygen in their speakers is reducing the oxygen in their brains.

All my cables are gluten free too.