expensive outlet

What is this and why is it worth $100?

micky

Here's one for $170!!

I gather the goal is provide an elecrtrical receptacle that will not interfere with the sound from your Victrola. Or your $10,000 sound system, so what's another $170? But shouldn't you replace every outlet in your house with these.

If these cost retail 170, then I suppose wholesale their about 85, and the elecrician should charge what, 245, 340? to put each one in??

I think there's one born every minute.

Reply to
micky

It's for audio buffs who believe that the more expensive a receptacle is, the better it must sound. Like oxygen free cables that cost $1000 I think they even have that crap for HDMI, where it's digital.

Reply to
trader_4

It is amazing. Have you heard about gluten-free water?

Reply to
micky

Did you miss the $238 model ?

Some people buy Ford, some buy Rolls-Royce. Whatever........

Reply to
""Retired"

This is for audiophools who can hear the oxygen in their speaker wires. I suppose if you think it works, it works.

Reply to
gfretwell

It's the Japanese version of the PT Barnum Super Audiofool model.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

You need to be an audiophile to fully appreciate its qualities. While you might not be the sharpest knife in the drawer at least you're not one of those idiots.

Reply to
rbowman

Too bad the oxygen in their speakers is reducing the oxygen in their brains.

Reply to
rbowman

It's for audiofools who have consumed too much of the koolade.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

hen I looked under "Frequently bought together", the other item is a $145 faceplate.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Rhodium plated

Which somehow reminds me of "we are rhodomagnetic",

[snip]
Reply to
Sam E

I haven't, but I have had cholesterol-free bread and sugar-free water.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

I don't know what good rhodium does in outlets, except for making them more expensive.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

All my cables are gluten free too.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

And yet, they both get from point A to point B. For many, it's all about image.

Reply to
Meanie

Funny thing, the guy who is really wealthy is probably driving the Ford.

Reply to
rbowman

Oh, yeah, non-crystals. That's important.

My nephew did his thesis on Nano-crystals and High Fidelity Music

But he points out that people need to buy rhodium wall-switches too, not just receptacles. And the breaker box should be rhodium plated with sprinkles of nano crystals. And whipped cream.

Reply to
micky

Price: 12 + Shipping

?Water so premium you?ll want it on your scotch shelf.?

Our premium 750ml glass-model vessel of Clara Water is the flagship water-themed product for lifestyle-oriented individuals who transcend the simple mindset of Dasani or SmartWater. This water is sourced in Canada and is lovingly contained in Clara?s beautiful swing-top clear glass bottle to showcase Clara?s purity and joie de vive.

Perfect for sharing among close lifestyle-oriented friends.

Reply to
micky

Using a good outlet with a cheap faceplate is so tacky.

Better to use a good faceplate with a cheap outlet, so at least when your friends come over they think you have class.

Reply to
micky