Water temp problem

It's been 110 - 115 here for weeks. My fridge died a few days ago. I called Sears for service on my fridge maintance contract. Yesterday guy didn't show up - or at least disn't call my cell or landline and make his presence known. Rescheduled appt not till 8/11 - a week from today.

Pronlem is, in this heat, how can I get cool/cold drinking water? Fridge is at about 80 - so drinking water stored there is pretty warm. Can't think of any way to cool it. Does someone make a little not too expensive cooler? Probably would beed a compressor and be quite expensive. Probably same for as very small fridge, is such exists.

Any ideas? I'm probably SOL but figured it couldn't hurt to ask here. Some very smart ingenious people here.

YIA

Reply to
KenK

Another sad maintenance contract story. I suppose with the heat, maybe you can't get anyone real fast, but a week is pretty bad.

I'd use a cooler with a bag of ice from the supermarket every day.

Reply to
trader_4

small "dorm" refrigerators are $75 or so at plenty of outlets.

There are also small ones marketed for truckers, etc., that will operate off DC or a transformer. Ditto for pricing.

I've seen both of these as low as $50. They're also frequenlty available at second hand shops like Habitat, Goodwill, etc.

NOTE: Make sure to sit them upright for at least 12 hours before turning on. Otherise Bad Thing [tm] can happen

Reply to
danny burstein

On 8/4/2018 3:36 PM, danny burstein wrote: Does someone make a little not too expensive cooler?

That would be my fist choice. Head to WalMart While waiting for it to cool, toss in a bag of ice to get by a few hours.

I'd call Sears and bitch every day too. Maybe twice a day. This is terrible.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Water would be of least concern. Warm water will not harm you. What about warm food?

Hang some bottles in front of your ac.

Reply to
Thomas

Thomas wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

At present, besides condiments, I am only keeping eggs and bread in fridge. They should be obvious if bad. So far, so good. Used both yesterday for lunch. Five more days. I expect to see mold on the bread any day now. My other food is mostly all from cans.

I thought of that yesterday afternoon - only I use a swamp cooler. Helps somewhat - water almost cool.

Reply to
KenK

On Sat, 4 Aug 2018 16:28:56 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote in

I thought Sears went out of business.

Reply to
CRNG

KenK wrote in news:XnsA9346E4395C32invalidcom@130.133.4.11:

Found a big used fridge for $40 delivered. Now I have cold water. Ahhhh! And a place to put perishable food. Put it in my shop.

Reply to
KenK