Who do I complain to?

I'm having my own private high heat this past month. About 6/15 the 100K+ AZ town in live near had a week-long heat wave, around 115. Then it returned to normal - high 90s, low 100s, once in a while low teens. Out here in the farmland where I live, aboutc 2 miles west of town, it's consistently been around 15 degrees above theirs since then. They report

100 on the radio weather report, 1 get 115. Yesterday it was 113 there, 132 here. I'm afraid this is going to last all summer. This has never happened before - the temperature in both places was always close to the same. Must be a very local phenomena, I've seen no mention in the newspaper. My usual source of cooling, evaporative cooler, just blows hot air - the water in it nust be too hot to cool the air. Evidently they don't work at 120+ temperatures - never got that hot before so I didn't know that. Very strange, Very miserable.

No, it's not a defective thermometer, all three of my outside thermometers agree.

Reply to
KenK

Yeah. Couldn't possibly have anything to do with global warming, which as we've all been told, is merely a hoax. As if.... 8|

nb

Reply to
notbob

Shouldn't matter, it's a dry heat!

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

According to the Democrats, global warming is a worse threat than ISIS.

Reply to
Frank

Oren wrote in news:34icpb5ed6hlrm1jpmcriohq3f32qi05bd@

4ax.com:

Wow! In the 10s to 30s like ours? I thought I was alone! Perhaps cursed by an ex-girlfriend I might have insulted.

Reply to
KenK

Mayhaps not defective thermometer, almost certainly defective measurement (for real air temperature, anyway).

Highest record world-wide air temp is 129F or thereabouts; a measurement of 136F in Libya has been decertified by World Meterological Organization and a Death Valley measurement of 134F is considered likely erroneous as well. 129F is pretty-much the limit of recognized measurements.

Of course, these are "official" air temp measurements which are defined as being at 1.5m above ground and shielded from direct sunlight. Ground-reflected temperatures can easily exceed air temperatures by as much as 60-80F and perhaps even more for dark soils or paved areas, say.

Reply to
dpb
[snip]

Where I am, it only got to 99 but it'd definitely NOT dry heat.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Any warming taking place is a natural phenomenon, and to be expected as we are still emerging from the Little Ice Age. The hoax is the idea that human activity is to blame - as well as the notion that we are going to control the climate in order to "fix" it.

Reply to
Roger Blake

Arrogant is a good description of obama and john kerry.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

dry heat in oven still roasts the christmas turkey.

republicans dont believe in global warming.... they think its a conspiracy..

Reply to
bob haller

Send all complaints to the man at the top...... (No, not Obama)

Send them to GOD !!!

If you dont have a direct line to God, I'm sure Stormin Moron has direct contacts with the "big guy" and for a couple hundred dollars he'll be happy to deliver your complaints.....

Reply to
Paintedcow

The real scientists understand that we're between two ice ages and the orbit of The Earth is such that its cycle is bringing us closer to our main heat source, THE SUN! The climate of The Earth exists in cycles that are longer than the existence of most civilizations and reign of empires. We're at a peak in temperatures now and the Jet Stream has moved due to the Earth's climate cycle. That why there is a drought in the western part of The United States. There are cycles on our planet that are longer than the lifetime of any single man which is why REAL scientists look to history, the evidence seen in the fossil record and mathematical calculations of the movement of planets in The Solar System to determine what's going on. You'd have to be pretty arrogant to think that Mankind has a very big impact on The Earth's climate. ^_^

That doesn't preclude change either from natural causes (eg, Krakatoa) or human civilization.

Reply to
dadiOH

Temp will vary by what's underneath the thermometer. Heat rises without wind. Oh, there is always wind in those parts. LOL

On the good side, swamp cooler is more efficient the hotter and drier the air. LOL

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Global warming or not, some think we can create a cooling.

Might plant some trees and grass.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

gregz wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.o rg:

The high temps I'm going by now and discussed in my first message are measured with the same thermometers in the same locations that had the same readings as the temps in town in previous years.

Reply to
KenK

according to conservatives, global warming doesn't exist

Reply to
ZZyXX

In the 1970's, the scam was "Man Made Global Cooling". It's an excuse used by certain political groups

to grab more power over the people, business and industry. Follow the money. The backers of the Commiecrats

who bankrupt coal companies are buying up the coal mines.

and will make a fortune when they can safely repurpose the coal, something the current owners refuse to do

exactly. trump goes bankrupt and who benefitted financially. ISIS is a crisis and who benefits financially

I'm not a Republican, Republicans disgust me but Democrats now

Commiecrats are special, they horrify me. I have my doubts that it's actually elected officials who are

running the country and the rest of the world. I'm not a conspiracy fan but there's too much suspicious

nonsense going on in the world today. All politicians seem to be for sale, all of them. o_O

Reply to
ZZyXX

is such that its cycle is bringing us closer to our main heat source, THE SUN!

so when greenhouses get warmer in the winter it's not because of the greenhouse effect, it's because every winter the earth gets closer to the sun

of The Earth exists in cycles that are longer than the existence of most civilizations and

reign of empires. We're at a peak in temperatures now and the Jet Stream has moved due to

the Earth's climate cycle. That why there is a drought in the western part of The United States.

There are cycles on our planet that are longer than the lifetime of any single man which is why

REAL scientists look to history, the evidence seen in the fossil record and mathematical

but conservatives don't believe in the fossil record, I mean to them the dinosaurs are only 6000 years old

calculations of the movement of planets in The Solar System to determine what's going on.

You'd have to be pretty arrogant to think that Mankind has a very big impact on The Earth's climate. ^_^

Reply to
ZZyXX

Creationism/Darwinism have nothing to do with conservatism.

Reply to
dadiOH

no matter what's causing, this "cycle" can have devastating effects on all life...you'd have to be arrogant to think that we shouldn't do everything in our power to mitigate that.

Reply to
ZZyXX