Email from Pay Pal??????

i got an email from pay pal supposenly.... they want my info to update my account and if i dont give it to them they will cancel my account... well i wonder if the crooks who are asking for my personal info think i am gonna give it to them??? anyone here ever got taken by the crooks trying to get info from you????

Reply to
jim

Do you mean the email that was from an excite.com account and told you to run the attaced exe file? I laughed when I saw that one and not at the lameness of the attempt, but at the though of how many people will get suckered by it.

Reply to
Brad

It's a scam, report to PayPal...

In your E-mail program:

Show all headers (Blah-Blah in Eudora)

ctrl-A, ctrl-C to copy to clipboard

Go to PayPal site and fill in the blanks on the security page and paste (ctrl-V) the E-mail you received.

...Jim Thompson

Reply to
Jim Thompson

This is a scam. It's been announced over the news.

Reply to
Dave Gower

You can foward the entire message with headers to snipped-for-privacy@paypal.com. They actually follow up with you! -- tom c

Reply to
Tom C.

Didn't with me but maybe it was something I said.

It's a scam. To most folks, even checking the URL that it has in the link makes it look legit. It's a scam to gather credit card numbers.

Reply to
Jimmy

Jimmy wrote what everyone in the thread else has already stated:

Have you ever owned an original thought roach?

Reply to
Liam McConn

Not really, but you apparently have difficulty with reading comprehension.

Do you ever stop inventing new names to post under ?

Reply to
Jimmy

CBHvac

Do a Google search for paypal + "class action lawsuit". Paypal is a big ripoff, and anyone that gives out any personal info online without being POSITIVE who they are dealing with, is stupid.

U might email or call paypal FIRST.

Reply to
Me

Hi, That is a spam. Even Paypal warns about it. Just ignore and delete it. Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang