Dying for a Chevy Volt, but....

The US has many beers and ales that are as good or better than the best from the UK.

While I don't really like beers like Budweiser, it's actually a very high quality product. It's truly amazing that they're able to produce such large quantities of lager and keep it to such a high standard.

What I don't like about Bud is the style. Luckily, there are many other styles of beer and ale made in the US. Even A-B can produce a great beer when they choose another style.

I suspect that there are a wider selection of styles produced domestically in the US than are produced in the UK, and we have a larger number of good beers and ales. (We're a larger country, so it's no surprise.)

I also greatly admire many of the beers and ales produced in the UK. (And in Belgium, Germany, etc.) Who has the best beer is a rather silly thing to be arguing about, don't you think?

Reply to
Soupe du jour

Then you would be wrong.

Boring Mormon.

Reply to
Soupe du jour

I thought most people were buying them because they're a blast to drive. I got to test-drive one and it was a hell of a lot of fun.

Reply to
Soupe du jour

And this is different from all the citizens who don't have insurance?

Perhaps a side benefit of the Affordable Care Act will be that, since all citizens will have insurance, we'll be able to write laws to allow the hospitals to reject those without insurance.

Poor, poor hospitals. It's far more likely that any hospital going broke is doing so from mismanagement and/or the upper management siphoning off money for themselves.

If they wanted to get to the US badly enough to cross the border, with all the hardships involved in that (including some who cross continents just to get to the border), I find it very unlikely that they will wind up on welfare. These people are here to work.

Reply to
Soupe du jour

You have proof they're paid in cash and don't have documents? Have you gone to law enforcement with your information? How many arrests were made?

Maybe you need to go after the employers as well?

From the figures I have been shown, the majority of illegals get fake documents. They are readily available.

In fact, I have a friend that was instrumental in getting dozens of people working for a major city's driver's license bureau fired because they were selling driver's licenses to anyone who wanted one, without requiring any proof of identity or even a driving test. He estimated that for every one that was fired there were 4 more that hadn't been caught yet.

Reply to
Soupe du jour

Maybe some of your right wing buddies here can help you find a better job so you can afford 2 vehicles?

I want to thank everyone for rising to the bait so quickly. I needed to weed out the chaff in this newsgroup because there were way too many OT articles. Welcome to my killfile.

Have a nice day! :-)

Reply to
Soupe du jour

They're not stealing it; we're giving it to them and actually paying them for the opportunity.

Just ask anyone who has had goods made in China. You send them your design and they then make 1 piece for you, 10 for them to sell on the black market, 1 for you, 10 for them to sell under another brand name.

They're not very good at doing more than making cheap "monkey copies" (to quote Robert Heinlein) so far, so we can still own a technology that we develop. The key is doing the manufacturing here and keep doing R&D and new product development. (A lot of companies not only outsource their manufacturing but also their R&D. Then they act surprised when they find their jobs and profits have been outsourced too.)

Also, we're giving our approval to China to ignore our copyright and patent law. Otherwise we'd have slapped sanctions on them or even done a trade embargo. Thank all of your fellow citizens who buy all that cheap Chinese crap at Walmart.

Reply to
Soupe du jour

The trustees of Medicare disagree with you. They are quite up front in their annual reports that Mcare payments to hospitals result in what they whimsically call "negative profit margins".

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

"Michael A. Terrell" on Tue, 05 Mar 2013

02:21:19 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Maybe so, but that was back in the day when being Union wasn't all that bad. Besides, who else was patriotic enough to volunteer to test artillery fuses - with a hammer?

pyotr filipivich

Patriotic, or stupid? I think he was working for the other side, and trying to destroy a munitions plant.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

"Michael A. Terrell" on Mon, 11 Mar 2013

01:07:54 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Rabbit and a 'Toon. What can you say?

pyotr filipivich

Made by liberals in Hollywood.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Oh Soupy I'm so hurt. What will I tell my Leftists friends now? I rarely killfile anyone because I want to know what other folks think no mater how bizarre I may think it is but to each his own. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Yes it is, because the illegals don't have a right to be here to begin with. And it's different because with a lot of the US citizens that show up at the ER, the ER ultimately gets to extract at least some payment from them. They can send collection agencies after them, get judgements, put a lien on their house if they have one. Faced with that, many of them cough up something to settle. With the illegal, you'll never find them and they have nothing to go after at all.

LOL, sure, that's going to happen.

You're sadly misinformed.

Sure most are. But there are plenty where they come to the USA, momma gets pregnant, now has kids to take care of, can't work, and the kids are US citizens....

Reply to
trader4

So bad is good and more bad is even better? Sounds like typical lefty logic (kinda like Bush->Obama spending).

Yeah, I can see you lefties leaving someone to die because they're "poor".

Your absolute cluelessness is showing. Again.

...mind boggling cluelessness.

Reply to
krw

We used slaves in the West Indies. Sugar cane. Jamaica.

It was the war of Northern Aggression.

.

On Thu, 28 Feb 2013 14:49:06 -0800 in alt.home.repair, Gunner wrote,

If my gophers were registered to vote I wouldn't be able to claim them as dependents.

Reply to
David Harmon