DVDR declares January leap month.

Not really January, more like February 8, and not really adding a day, but subtracting one.

Somehow, my Philips DVDR decided today was tomorrow, or at least Saturday. None of the recorded shows were what I wanted to watch, but otoh, they shows matched Saturday times and channels.

I thought I had overslept and lost a day, and that was bad because Friday was cold but Saturday was supposed to be very warm, and I guess I slept through it. And bad because it means I'm getting senile. But I set the DVDR back to yesterday.

Now I'm looking at the computer and it says that it IS Friday

The DVDR clock is on Automatic. I forget what that means.

There is also Off and Manual. For Manual it asks what channel (the one that carries the time. PBS?)

So it seems like every dvdr etc. that is on automatic might have gained a day today, and lost a day of recordings. Have any of you ever heard of that before?

Reply to
micky

Look it up. With the model number, you should be be able to find the manual on the Internet.

What? Someone who still uses a DVD recorder?

Yes, during the previous millenium.

Reply to
Mike Duffy

I did. It made sense at the time but not it doesn't again.

It's good for burning DVDs from TV shows.

Reply to
micky

It may have gotten buried, but this was the point of the post. Have any of you ever heard of a timer in a DVDR or something losing or gaining a whole day in one step?

Which is more likely? Either an internal mistake or from some central place. For those who didn't know about this: Times are sent out from iirc PBS stations on PBS channels that are used by TV recorders like the times sent out on the internet to computers that are used to keep computer times accurate.

Reply to
micky

Then probably it was a human error made by someone operating the device that does this encoding. There is no way for you to know because in all likelyhood everyone else except you uses their DVRs (not DVD recorders) to record TV programs, and most DVRs use the same protocol as your PC uses (NTP) to maintain synchronization.

Reply to
Mike Duffy

Mike Duffy posted for all of us...

Is this Comblast? They are noted for their lousy coding.

Reply to
Tekkie®