The Real Change Of Seasons

Today is the first heat day in the shop. Prepped the 150,00 BTU fire breathing kero dragon and got her some fresh fuel ($2.49 per gal) - and she's roaring away.

Planed up the glued cherry panels on Saturday and cut the finger joints for this years footlocker for the scout troop auction that happens this Friday.

That glue up was done at a little too close to the chalk temperature of the Titebond II, so I'm happy for the added heat today.

She came out of clamps looking good, so I guess it was just warm enough.

Today will be spent making hinges out of ebony to go on the cherry footlocker. Then ebony handles and a hasp and staple.

Tomorrow will be for making the tray out of maple and then sanding and putting down a coat of oil, followed by some shellacky.

Hooray for Fall!

Regards,

Tom Watson

Tom Watson

I'm going to be sanding on a hutch base all day ... and it's cool enough that dust won't stick to a wet t-shirt.

Reply to
Swingman

Please tell me that you and Leon are not having a wet tee shirt contest today. That just ain't right.

Regards,

Tom Watson

Tom Watson

---------------------------------------------- Stepped outside to 80F today, even though the sun is now a deep yellow, not the bright yellow of summer.

It's 90F in the desert.

Leaves are turning if they haven't already dropped.

Ski resorts are open a month early and are making snow.

No snow on the mountain peaks to the north, yet, but it's coming.

I'll take it.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

On Mon, 02 Nov 2009 09:57:28 -0500, the infamous Tom Watson scrawled the following:

It taketh all typeth, dothen't it, thweetie?

Reply to
Larry Jaques