Dust Pan for Leaves

On 11/15/2005 4:43 PM US(ET), snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com took fingers to keyboard, and typed the following:

I have never seen them, but I use a regular large garbage can with a black plastic bag inserted. To pick up the leaves, I use two large leaf rakes, one plastic and the other metal. Slide the plastic one under the pile with the rake ends up (the metal rake would get the ends bent) and use the metal one to compress and hold the leaves on the plastic rake, then dump them in the can.

Reply to
willshak

I can't seem to find a replacement on line for a product I bought years ago which to me is invaluable. Its a big wide dust pan for outdoor cleanup. It's about 2 1/2 feet wide, hard plastic, with a handle. It originally came with a rolled up hard plastic leaf bag insert which is also great to make the leaf bag stand up. Then you rake the leaves onto the dust pan and dump them into the upright bag. I've been able to find replacement for the insert but not for the scoop / dust pan. Anyone seen them ? If you see them, grab them. I highly recommend 'em!

Reply to
jeffy3