Draw line on bucket

I would like to cut this bucket shorter but can not figure a way to draw a line around it.

I plan on using a saber saw to cut it.

Thanks for your ideas.

Andy

A K

Three pictures later:

Huh?

Reply to
micky

... call NASA. John T.

Reply to
hubops

Like measuring the hem on a skirt. They even have devices for that to do it oneself, yard sticks that stand up, with a base, and a displensor of a chalk line, with a hand-held squeeze-pump.

But without the top, the bucket won't be nearly as stiff, and if you reuse the handle, it might rip right through.

Reply to
micky

Hold marker, spin bucket. If you have a turntable of some sort use that. Worst case, get a helper to turn it while you brace the marker steady.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Thanks. Your method is the first I tried.

I taped marker to the ruler and attached ruler to a corner.

Then rotated the bucket around.

Andy

Reply to
A K

I use my table saw and the fence. Works perfect every time.

Reply to
gfretwell

I do not think I could push the bucket evenly.

And the blade could forcefully jar the bucket out of my hands.

With a saber saw, I can adjust the speed.

Andy

Reply to
A K

You just stand on the end of the saw holding the bucket by the rim with both hands. Turn the bucket while holding it tight against the fence. If you really think it will get away from you, clamp some 1x guides to the fence.

Reply to
gfretwell

Yep - much easier than drawing a line with a sharpie and cutting it - by hand - with close-quarters hacksaw cutter .. - it might take me all of 5 minutes - my way. geeesh. John T.

Reply to
hubops

Dog's a democrat.

Reply to