Dollar Tree, victor NY, bad customer service

Just had the worst customer service I can remember in my entire life. At a Dollar Tree, in Victor NY. I've had good service there in the past, which is why this is so exceptional. The clerk, a teen boy, with the name tag "CAMERON" asked if I was finished so he could cash me ot. Needed to get his drawer open so he could give the other lady her change. I said I wasn't sure, but what the heck. Cash me out.

He explained that I could continue shopping. He'd done this before, that some customers buy one item, and then go back to shopping. So I told him, I was finished enough, and he should cash me out. Over a period of 3 to 5 minutes, I told him four times to go ahead and cash me out. Or was it five. He kept talking and talking, until finally I used my best drill sargeant voice and ordered him to cash me out.

He kept talking. It became clear that he was abusing his power, and just dangling me on a string. I stormed out of the store. I went home, got the number, and called the store manager, and give him a detailed account. Al, the manager, sounds like he's not from NY. Very friendly fellow. Including reccomend that the boy should be fired immediately. Al says he'll get to the bottom of this. But he can't fire the kid after nine months of no complaints. He could if it were something really serious. I explained that mistreating customers lost him a sale, and may have lost him a customer. I left him my name and home phone number, if he needed further testimony.

And then I called national, left a message with them, got their voice mail. Same reccomendation. If you've ever been in the Victor Dollar Tree, and had bad customer service by a dark haired teenager named Cameron, please imediately telephone the store, and tell Al about it. (585) 223-6050.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

WWJD?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Thanks for the chuckle.

Reply to
salty

What did the kid keep talking about while you waited for him to do his job?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Is that why you're called Stormin Mormon? ;-)

Cheri

Reply to
Cheri

Its a freaking dollar store not Macys.

Reply to
RickH

And - they nonetheless have enough resources to pursue a defamation case, if they care, because of this being posted all over tarnation. And harrassment!

Even from this story, I can't say part of the problem was not the O.P. himself - not sure what exactly he meant by "cash out" in this context and why it had to happen immediately. The story isn't clear.

At any rate, this is really an unecessary post to have made. Over, at worst, a young worker's shortfalls one instance.

Banty (BTW, what would Jesus do?)

Reply to
Banty

Smite the teenaged employee?

Banty (oh wait, wrong testament..)

Reply to
Banty

The old testament at least implies that stoning the kid to death might be appropriate.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

re: The old testament at least implies that stoning the kid to death might be appropriate

I think they sell stones at the Dollar Tree. All he would have to do is get some from the shelf, cash out...oh wait...that's how this whole thing started.

Never mind.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Truth is a defense to defamation.

Harrassment is a crime only if it's sexual.

Jesus would shop at Walmart.

Reply to
HeyBub

A. Truth is, of course, an absolute defense.

B. What are the damages that the "Dollar Store" could actually proove? Proove quantifiable lost sales as a proximate result of the OP's post ? It is not possible.

But its roiutine in the retail industry. Had my own example at a Linens

-N- Things store in Beaverton, OR just this weekend.

Who gives a shit what a fairy tale character like the Easter Bunny or the Tooth Fairy would do?

Reply to
jJim McLaughlin

True, but the story is a bit 'off' (doens't make sense in the telling), which to me is a signal that there is a problem with his teling, or at least his perception of what happened. He might find the teen and the manager has quite a different memory or it.

See, he's not in a position to prove what's true.

Not true. Phone harrassment, to take an example, is a crime.

Jesus wouldn't shop much.

Banty

Reply to
Banty

Before screaming lawsuit, lawsuit........... You really should look up the definition of "defamation".

Reply to
Huck

Every store has one or more competitors with the same products at the same prices. Customer service is the only thing that is unique to a particular store.

I do a three strikes and you're out blacklist for any store I deal with, first strike is a six month blacklist, second strike is one year third strike and it's permanent.

Reply to
Pete C.

No, I'm paying honor to Stormin Norman Schwartzkopf. He said something I can't remember the quote exactly, but it was good. "We will go find them, and kill them".

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Voting with my feet. Reward the good service. That's how to do it. Along with calling the manager to report the bad service.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

DerbyDad03 wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@v4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

OK, BFD. So the teenage kid at the Dollar Tree, in Victor NY got stoned. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Reply to
Red Green

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in news:w61sj.3948$ snipped-for-privacy@news01.roc.ny:

Probably about getting stoned.

Reply to
Red Green

Was he wearing a Red Wings jersey by any chance? Guess he hasn't got that Ferrari paid for yet.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel