Does your car meet our standards

I never hunted them but a friend that did said the best thing to do with them was take out the breasts, freeze them and use them for crab bait in the spring. They tasted like crap if you were shooting those that came out of the marsh. Apparently if they hit the fields for a few days they taste OK. Those in the pit would taste like shit.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

On Mon, 22 Mar 2021 19:30:23 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

TS That will leave a mark...

Reply to
Tekkie©

We left Kansas City in January 2013, so just a bit over 8 years ago. We did a double stint there because I liked my job, but prior to that we lived in Omaha and Great Falls, MT, both of which get snow. I guess we just got used to parking on the driveway. The biggest problem I had was after a freezing rain incident in KC. The driver's side of my truck was fully covered by about an inch of ice, so there was no way to get that door open, but the passenger side was still accessible. I think it took a couple of days, but eventually the driver door worked again.

I'd have a lot of use for a utility trailer but I don't want to store it between jobs. I make do with a pickup.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

Hmmm, my neighbour 2 doors up came home to a 10 foot python in the garage. No, the snake wasn't startled by him.

Reply to
Xeno

They would be tender. The Berkeley Pit water is 2.5 pH, about the same as your stomach acid. There is some additional flavoring, arsenic, cadmium, lead compounds, and other good stuff.

Reply to
rbowman

I put skids on my boat trailer and I use that for a utility trailer, hauling stuff that won't fit in the Sport Trac. It is just a big thing to be hauling around. (long tongue, 20' boat trailer) If I do get around to rethinking the 3 vehicles in the driveway, a smaller trailer might replace a truck. We might get down to one or 2 "pushers". These days I am the only driver. I might even think about an electric for "buzzing" around. (see what I did there) ;-) I can take my wife's Lincoln on longer trips. It tows.

Reply to
gfretwell

Everybody's different. I wouldn't want to drive a pickup every day.

And I can pull the smaller utility trailer around the yard with our lawn tractor. Very handy for spring cleanup of branches, moving around a load of soil, getting the patio furniture out of the shed in the spring and putting it back in the fall, etc.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelica...

I don't mind driving my little ranger as a daily driver. A super mega-cab F350 Dually or a Ram 2500 /3500 4 door 8 foot box "lorry" - not so much. Today's pickups are generally about the size a 3 ton stake truck was back in the sixties.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

I made a little trailer for that but it is not street legal. It does fold flat and hangs on the garage wall tho. I have hauled stuff around the neighborhood on it behind my golf cart but I would not take it out on the main road.

Reply to
gfretwell

Why should you doubt it?

True. But if repaving them cost $150,000, doing that would be about a half million. I think the long term plan was to repave every 10 or 20 years and after the 4th repaving, the surface would be thick enough. But I never was sure if thickness was all that mattered.

Sure, if you want private roads. No one here really wanted private roads, but that's what was for sale. More than half of the original owners moved in 5 or 10 years after they had children or got a better job, so the cost of repaiving didn't affect them, although the dues had been high enough to build up a substantial surplus, which we used a few years later to pay for it.

No. It's required by law.

Those still apply, HOA or not. Why would you imagine they don't?

The HOA doesn't even have much control, if any, until construction is (almost?**) finished. I've read the original documents and they talk about turning management over to the HOA.

**It might be that construction is totally finished, and here I'm confusing it with the US Constitution taking effect after only 9 states ratified it.

You can make money on both (or you can lose money on both). In one, he gets his investment back fully when and if he's able to sell all the apartments, and if he rents, he has a long term investment.

Reply to
micky

Hey, don't knock those people with the F350. They NEED them. Once a year they pick up a 50 pound bag of lawn fertilizer and haul it home.

Yes, I know some of you do really use them but I also know a lot of pickup owners that never put more than two bags of groceries in them. Same with the humungo SUVs

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

We had one. It was useless for grocery shopping, which is 90% of what I do with my vehicle apart from hauling my butt to and from the office.

I like my 2004 Toyota Highlander. It even provides cover when shopping on a rainy day.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelica...

Sweet.

We actually have 3 trailers. The smallest is a little plastic number from John Deere. I use the medium one more often; it is 4x8 and is street legal.

Once upon a time we had a trailer made from the back end of some

1950s-vintage pickup truck. We dubbed it "The World's Ugliest Trailer", although I'm sure it was not.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelica...

The cap on the 7 foot box will haul a LOT of groceries!!!

Reply to
Clare Snyder

If you are sure, what is the statute number

It takes a lot to make a county compliant road, not the least of which is the amount of right of way you need to cede. The ROW in front of my house is 66 feet wide and this is a small neighborhood at the end of a dead end road. Then there are requirements on road bed construction, drainage and such. The paving you see is a small part of the problem.

There are houses in Maryland on public roads. My ex still lives in ours. You should have bought one.

Cite?

I will stop right here. My wife built in 3 HOA communities, actually bringing one out of the ground. (no roads at all when she took it from land development) She also ran one as the CAM for 12 years. I also have had lots of dealings with the director of public works at the village that owns our roads. I am the primary contact between the village and our association.

I know a lot about this.

Reply to
gfretwell

I haul unbelievable amounts of stuff in my Prelude but the Chrysler LeBaron was my real work horse. One day I was leaving Home Depot with

14 80# bags of concrete and 14 2x4x8s and a couple bags of small stuff. I had bags of concrete anywhere they would fit. I got it all inside and closed the trunk. The Mexicans who watched me load all of that stuff fell out laughing when I punched up "Low Rider" on the MP3 player and cranked it up.
Reply to
gfretwell

LOL.

I always admired the 1984 Honda Civic DX hatchback. You could slide a 4x8 sheet of plywood into the back. Sure, it hung out a couple of feet, but I've never seen another small car that was so useful.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelica...

It wasn't a small car but I traded a '80 Camaro in for a '82 Firebird when they redesigned the car as a hatchback. It carried plywood and a lot of other stuff. I've always favored hatchbacks which is unfortunate since they aren't that popular. I don't think I could get a sheet of plywood into my current Toyota hatch but it holds a lot.

Reply to
rbowman

The last half dozen cars I have had, since the 71 Gremlin, had a fold down back seat and you could stuff a 10' stick of PVC pipe in them and close the hatch. The guy was looking at me funny when I did it to the Prelude before I bought it. I hadn't planned on buying a car that day. I was just at Home Depot but this thing was parked across the street and I stopped by for a look. I ended up driving it home, with my 10' stick of pipe. That was 2002. I still have it.

Reply to
gfretwell

I had a Camaro and a Firebird. Not enough difference to talk about. The Camaro was won in a Slurpee contest and the guy who won it hated it. I got a heluva deal on a car with <100 miles on it.

Reply to
gfretwell