Delta faucet warrantee

It seems the Delta "lifetime" warranty seems to really be until they stop selling that product. I have a shower set where the finish has gone bad. They say there is a newer style that will work and that they will sell me but since they no longer make the exact one, tough luck. After a few Emails the tack moved to "you must not have done the required maintenance" which was not true. They in went to "do you have your original receipt". Then with nothing else to say it pivoted to "prove this was a manufacturing defect".
Just be aware "lifetime" seems to be 10-15 years or whenever they change the style. Be sure you save enough tile to be able to go in and change the valve body. When I do it will not be Delta.
On 02/17/2017 1:12 AM, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote: ...

Ask them to prove it wasn't... :)

They are just saying no and it really does not matter what I ask them.

Well, yeah, know that (note there _was_ a smiley attached) but what the hey, might as well give 'em as much grief as can.
I don't guess I'm surprised on out-of-production item; would think might give at least a significant discount just for customer relations, but outfits of that size just really don't care about one individual end-user customer, unfortunately.

If this was something that was easy to replace,. I would just replace it but the valve body is buried in a wall behind tile and there is no easy way to replace it without tearing up the wall. That is why I thought "lifetime" was worth doing. It is clear that Delta had no intention of honoring these warranties when they changed the design and did not have the ability to fill parts demand on the old ones. It makes me wonder how long cartridges will be available. In the conversation they warned me the cartridge I would get with the kit they wanted to sell me for $150 probably would not fit my valve and I would lose the shower diverter function requiring buying another part to block off the diverter. It begs the question, who would willingly buy something like a shower valve, that gets buried behind thousands of dollars worth of tile, if they knew it would be obsolete with no parts available in 15 years?
On Fri, 17 Feb 2017 13:14:29 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Go to your local plumbing emporium (not Home Despot or Lowes) - they WILL have replacement parts available. Most likely 3rd party parts, but they WILL fit and they WILL work. Likely cheaper than buying OEM parts if they were still available from Delta. (Can't figure out why Delta parts even HAVE a retail price since they are all covered by warranty)
On Fri, 17 Feb 2017 13:55:52 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

My impression is they sell parts to people who want to change the look of existing good parts but mine were clearly bad and I have been complaining about it for a year and a half. I assume there will be 3d party cartridges for a long time but I am not having a lot of luck finding a trim for the one I have. I am about ready to just strip it and paint it with epoxy paint. If I could duplicate the tile, I would bust it out and replace the whole thing.

Why do you have to bust out tile? It should be replaceable from the other side unless it is on an outside wall. I just cut out a section of drywall, replaced the shower faucet, patch drywall. In my case, rather than patch it I hung a mirror over the hole.

It is tile on both sides. The valve is really not that easy to get from the back either. There is a 2x4 between the studs that the valve mounts to ... from the front. I could do it easier from the shower side. Right now I am not doing anything. My wife might decide that since I already broke into the tile, I might as well break out all of it and start over with a new bathroom ;-)
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com writes:

Okay, I have some advice: don't buy Delta faucets.
--
Dan Espen

I agree. Spread the word
On Fri, 17 Feb 2017 14:21:41 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Send me a picture. I'll check my local emporium.
On Fri, 17 Feb 2017 15:06:21 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

It is Porchelanosa Oriente Blanco 12x18 (315x445mm)
On Sat, 18 Feb 2017 00:57:28 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I meant picture of the plumbing fixture for getting plumbing parts.
On Sat, 18 Feb 2017 17:31:25 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

The parts I need are the trim, not the stuff in the valve. I have given up on Delta doing anything. I wire brushed the parts down to the bare brass, shot a coat of primer on, 2 coats of bronze paint and a clear coat of poly. It looks OK to my wife and I am done for a while. I am going to bust out a piece of tile and replace the valve when I am ready for another project. My wife says she thinks there is one piece around here somewhere. It won't be a Delta.

Most consumer warranties are not worth the paper they are written on. Hopefully your shower valve can be changed out from the back side.
wrote in message wrote:

They are just saying no and it really does not matter what I ask them.
I think that you are little confused Manufacture do not need prove that is not manufacturing defect "But you need to prove that it is"
On 02/17/2017 1:40 PM, Tony944 wrote: ...

I think (actually know) you're _quite_ confused in missing the smiley entirely, apparently...