Delta shower faucet, 2300 series

I hope I provide enough details/information so that I can get some good feedback. And yes, I have googled til I'm blue, but don't come up with what I'm looking for.

Problem dates back to a water softener. Some how the catalytic beads in the shower escaped into the water system. The softener is long gone and replaced.

Afterwards, problems began in the water heater. Constant replacing elements and low output. We finally replaced the water heater, but noticed a sludge buildup in the water heater that leads me to think the bead and their resultant sludge breakdown was the problem in the water heater.

About that same time as the water softener episode, the shower faucets exhibited a marked reduction in pressure. I've cleaned screens, and the casual things that one can do. The water pressure in all other areas of the house are good and high. Volume and pressure is good in all other faucets.

I haven't called a plumber in yet, because I think I can remedy this by getting to and changing the seats/springs. I think, based on what I saw in the water heater connections that I have particulate impeding flow. I HAVE gone to my plumber supply and gotten parts list and parts breakdown.

My question here, is how to remove the stem, and guts to get to the seat and springs on the temperature side. I have a link to photos. The volume side is a no brainer, it has an euschutcheon. It's the temperature side that I'm curious as to how it comes out. My plumbing supply is ordering pretty much everything inside on the temperature side, and just seats and springs on the volume side.

Once again, any advice on how to remove the temperature guts will be certainly appreciated. Here's the link to plumbing photos. (copy and paste)

Thank you, thank you and thank you!! Perry

Reply to
cajunpaisley

I have scanned and added the Delta Parts breakdown on this item. Thanks for any help or input. Thanks. Perry

Reply to
cajunpaisley

Resin beads in the plumbing is a real bad problem. Resin beads are very small and block up faucet cartridges, solenoid and stop valves etc. etc. very easily causing them to suffer loss of flow until the cartridge etc. is replaced. That can be a tough job, as you see and you may need a special tool. Check with the supply house and manufacturer of the faucet etc..

Gary Slusser Quality Water Associates

Reply to
Gary Slusser

Hi Gary... Yep...the water softener mess really did a number on the water heater. The resultant sludge collected mostly in the water heater, and caused some occlusion in connections between dis-similar metals at the water heater connection. I am sure that is the problem with the loss of pressure at the shower valves.

Thanks. Perry

Reply to
perrylep