Delta faucet repair?

A friend of mine has a number of Delta faucets in his home with the single multi-function handle and they all leak under the handle, especially in the full-cold position. Is there perhaps some sort of replaceable seal? Thanks.

Reply to
Davej

Email a picture of the faucet to Delta and they will send you a new one.

Reply to
gfretwell

Since you said the leak was under the handle and not under the spout. Tighten or replace this:

recyclebinned

Dave,

Older Delta faucets were sold with a small spanner wrench. This tool also has a hex wrench. Use the hex wrench to loosen the set screw of the handle. Remove the handle. You should now see the adjuster. With the water running tighten the adjuster until the leaking stops. It may help tp soak the adjuster with vinager if it's stuck. Delta has a very good web-site for DIYers. The customer service ladies are also first rate.

Dave M.

Reply to
David L. Martel

It's been a lot of years, but I think I had a Delta faucet apart, one time. They had two spring loaded rubber seals, which were three or four bucks at the hardware. That, and some waterproof silicone grease, and the faucet was all good, again. Please check with a small town hardware store, might still be the case. . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus

. . "Davej" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@10g2000yqy.googlegroups.com... A friend of mine has a number of Delta faucets in his home with the single multi-function handle and they all leak under the handle, especially in the full-cold position. Is there perhaps some sort of replaceable seal? Thanks.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

They are an easy fix. Repair kits at our local hardware store. DO use silicon grease for ease of later repair and better seal. Maybe 15 minutes work.

/paul W3FIS

Reply to
deadgoose38