cutting formica counter top question

well I can cut it with the sabre saw and formica blade fine. What has happened is there was a change of design and counter end has to be cut. We do not want to wait 6 weeks or longer for the banding. So has anyone tried attaching say a finished wood strip to the cut edge? This would be next to the range. And another cut would be in an area that is leaned against. Looking for ideas here. I was thinking of a long piece of wood, predrilled for rock screws, and either wood putty or maybe a plug cutter. But how to have a really tight seal to keep moisture from getting between wood and formica is one of the concerns. So has anyone tried other things? Lastly this is a rental but its a nice rental with bells and whistles.

Reply to
oreo123

Look at the BORG for the end pieces. The kits usually include a filler and formica to match the rest of the counter-top.

Brad

Reply to
Brad Bruce

Omigosh, no screws please. Do you have any woodworking friends? Can you beg, borrow, or cajole them to get them to make you something? You make a strip of wood with a nice edge, either rounded, beveled, whatever you like. You cut some slots for biscuits and then glue it in place. Use a waterproof glue like Titebond II or III.

The wood can be stained, painted, or whatever is fitting for your needs. You can make it from a nice hardwood like cherry, maple, walnut, etc. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski