cost of painting

I just got an estimate to have 2 rooms painted. I have never paid anyone to paint and I don't know what the going price is. I live in S.E. Louisiana and the 2 rooms now have beige paint and one room will be pink and the other blue. There are 3 doors in each room and they measure approx. 12x14 with 9' ceilings.

The estimate was $350. Does this seem high? I am trying to get another estimate now.

Thanks!

Reply to
iradi8

It sounds cheap. But every area is different, get bids that is your only way of knowing

Reply to
m Ransley

It sounds reasonable. The only way you'll really know is to get 3 or

4 written estimates. But here, quality counts and you should expect to pay a little more for a professional job. This is an ideal job for the typical home repairman, you could do the job yourself and it will turn out good if you take your time.
Reply to
Phisherman

Does this include the paint, or are you buying it? Where are you at in SE Louisiana?

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

No, I'll be buying the paint. St. Tammany.

Reply to
iradi8

Absolutely right - a quality painter will spend 90% of the time on prep work, and only 10% of the time on painting. Make sure you get everything in writing, which should include: roughing up the walls, patching the walls, sanding patches smooth, removing all dust everywhere (floors and walls) and/or washing the walls if no repairs are in order - before a can of paint is ever opened. Otherwise, you'll have all those pesky, unprofessional glops, globs and little "fuzzies" trapped in your new paint job. And quality taping takes time - sloppy taping at the ceiling, for example, will lead to a wavy line all around the room - yuck. :) Good luck!

Reply to
design_diva