roller for painting artex?

I've been advised that there is a special roller for painting an artex
ceiling. Is this right? I was thinking of using a brush and that paint
that turns white once it's dry, just so I can see where I've painted!
However two people have told me that there is a special fluffy roller
that is the best thing for painting ceilings without too much dripping
on the painter or the floor.
Janet
Reply to
Janet Tweedy
Janet,
A 'genuine' lambswool roller on the end of an adjustable pole has done this job for me admirably over many years (don't overfill it with emulsion) - and saved hours of time and effort.
As regards to seeing where you have painted - I tend to alternate between a matt finish and silk finish which resolves that problem for me, along with painting from the window and back into the room.
Brian G
Reply to
Brian G
been painted, thin the first coat down by adding 30 % water or you will possibly end up with the artex coming off the ceiling and wrapping itself around the roller , believe me it does !
Reply to
devonsteve
On 8 Jan,
And allow at least 4x the time you would expect for the first coat. The suction was unbeleiveable.
If it's a pointy artex, the edge of a float rubbed lightly (or more heavily for a flatter finish) over the tops of the points gets rid of most of the bits that will snap off and stick to the roller/ceiling.
I *hate* artex ceilings!
Reply to
<me9
In the USA this process seems very common on walls (not sure about ceilings)

Reply to
John
In article , snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net writes
Er, um, sorry, bit dense on DIY stuff. What's a float please?
Janet
Reply to
Janet Tweedy

Site Timeline Threads