Clothes moths

Will lining a closet with cedar panals keep clothes moths out? Posted from the Free Home Improvement Forum at

Bill

No... cedar does have a natural repellent with some effectiveness, but there will always be a percentage of insects with some resistance to the oils. The surest safeguard is basicly tupperware for clothing. After the clothes have been cleaned store them in an air tight container... zipper bags and containers that uses the handles to lock down the lid are not air tight.

Lar

Reply to
Lar

Also my dry cleaners told me always dry clean or wash your clothes before putting them in the closet. If you wear an item and store it in the closet without cleaning it is more prone to attract moths.

Reply to
Mikepier

. Mothballs? (Camphor)

Reply to
terry

I am trying to stay away from Mothballs since they smell so bad.

cleaners told me always dry clean or wash your clothes

the closet. If you wear an item and store it in

is more prone to attract moths.

Mothballs? (Camphor)[/quote:96f42cbc2d] Posted from the Free Home Improvement Forum at

Bill