CDC says no evictions

You do not seriously believe that you are getting the truth out of communist China, do you?

Reply to
Frank

Irrelevant to the fact that Hubei and Wuhan are no longer locked down and that the videos posted by foreigner after they have returned home show that AK47s are not used to enforce quarantine/isolat[on there.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

I don't even seriously believe I'm getting the truth out of my own government.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

No argument there and I am not sure when we ever have. Maybe Carter but not the whole truth. The rest have filtered our news as much as possible going back longer than I have been alive.

Reply to
gfretwell

Was that ever proven? My memory is that the Iranians just had it in for Carter. They weren't going to do anything that made him look good.

You forgot one. "“General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!”

From

I hope that goes to court and it's found unconstitutional for the feds to interfere with rental laws or order things like face masks. Emergency edicts tend to outlive their usefulness if they had any in the first place. The Founders specifically split government into three branches with the hope that two would always restrain the third. States are ceding too much power to the feds. States want money and the feds make it. It ultimately comes down to human weaknesses for power and money.

So what about the landlords and tenants renegotiating deals? Tenants cutting back their lifestyles if possible? Tenants taking advantage of the free market to find more affordable digs?

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

A very good speech. I didn't forget it.

I will say that from the very beginning of Gorbachev taking power it was clear that things were going to be different. He just didn't seem to have the same lust for power that his predecessors had.

How much Reagan's speech contributed to the ultimate outcome is hard to judge.

Well, I hope that we don't end up with hordes wandering the streets spreading disease and who knows what else.

All of that sounds good. I'm guessing some of that is happening now. I still don't want hordes of homeless wandering the streets.

Reply to
Dan Espen

Nope, it was irrelevant. It was going to happen anyone once Gorby told Honecker to go and f*ck himself.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Why don't you pay the rent or just let them live with you then? It is not the government's place to take a landlord's property without compensation or due process and that is essentially what they are doing..

Reply to
gfretwell

Because doing that with one person or family wont make any difference.

More of your flagrantly dishonest language.

No one is proposing taking any landlord's property.

Bullshit.

Reply to
Rod Speed

"Taking" means the government is depriving a citizen of his property, in this case the rent, without due process or compensation. That is a

5th and 6th amendment violation.
Reply to
gfretwell

Yes but that doesn't happen when they cant evict;.

Wrong, as always.

Wrong as always.

Reply to
Rod Speed