Best glue for sticking end strip to kitchen plinths

What's the best glue to use for sticking finishing strips to the end of kitchen plinths?
I foolishly tried 'no nails' and it failed miserably.
Steve.........

Aren't they iron on?
On 24/03/2011 10:58, dog-man wrote:

You mean the laminate type strips to hide the chipboard edges?

Proper solvent based impact adhesive like EvoStick. Spread glue on both sides, and leave for 15 mins or so until touch dry, then bring the two parts together (accurately - no second chances!) and press on firmly.
--
Cheers,

John.

On 24/03/2011 11:39, John Rumm wrote:

Can you still get Thixofix? That *does/did* allow a b it of adjustment before finally grabbing.
Some of these strips are purposely a bit too wide, to allow for trimming flush. Inital positioning is then a bit less critical.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Yes, that is correct!
Steve....

Would Evostick not work properly (ie make such a strong bond) if one put the two pieces together well before the fifteen minutes and then clamp it together? That way you could move things about so they were exactly in the right position.
On 24/03/2011 19:41, john brooks wrote:

It would probably make an adequate bond. However the point of the stuff is to save needing clamps etc. (most of these strips are over wide anyway and need trimming to fit once the glue is dry - with impact adhesive used right, you can move to the trimming phase almost immediately)
--
Cheers,

John.

On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 03:58:07 -0700, dog-man wrote:

Evo Stik.
--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org
dog-man wrote:

evostik solvent contact adhesive

Pound Shop for Uhu brand if you only need a small amount. Same stuff IME
On 24/03/2011 10:58, dog-man wrote:

serious glue is pretty impressive. 3 minutes for adjustment then sticks like s**t. Remains flexible in thick layers.
On 24/03/2011 10:58, dog-man wrote:

I always use PVA white glue now. I was very sceptical when I first read about it. If the end strips are well compressed by a batten using some sort of clamping, it works a treat and gives you a chance exactly to move the strip into the correct position. Once hard it trims very cleanly. The oldest has been in place for four years in a non-dry area in a kitchen.