My doors are sticking

In the last month, four of my doors have started sticking. I look down the outside edge and see one area contacting the door frame. Do I plane it downn or adjust the hinges somehow? |P

Reply to
goodolpete

Our doors are doing the same. It's the high humidity we've experienced recently is my guess. I'm just leaving it until the central heating has to come on and see if the dryer atmosphere normalises them.

Reply to
Alang

Oddly, it's the worst I've ever known it in the last few months. My solid wood front door has always had a tendency to stick at times. You could see clearly where this occured from the paint scuff down the edge. When it's not sticking, it's pretty much ok, so I've always just lived with sometimes having to give it a hard tug. However, over the last few weeks, it got so consistently bad, that at times, I was having to repeatedly kick the frame whilst pulling on it, to get it open at all. Finally, I took the belt sander to the edge, and took it down until it was just clear. It was fine for a week, but just in the last couple of days, it has started rubbing again off and on. Curious ...

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Before doing anything more energetic, try the old trick of rubbing a candle over the places where it's sticking.

Chris

Reply to
chrisj.doran

The message from "Arfa Daily" contains these words:

Wet weather on and on. Wet getting into the end grain of the style.

Reply to
Appin