Dishwasher spray tower sticking

We have a GE Model GSD680X dishwasher, about 6-7 years old. The telescoping tower that pops up when washing hasn't been retracting all the way when the wash is finished, and then we can't get the rack out. It can be pushed back down, but it can be very difficult to reach when the rack has been fully loaded. It does go down easily when you do get to it, so I'm wondering if the problem is dirt getting in-between the telescoping sections.

Is there a way to get this thing apart, without wrecking it, so it can be cleaned out, or to find out what else might be making it stick.? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Reply to
Martin

If you search for appliance parts, there are many sites that have exploded parts diagrams by model. Then you can figure out what the parts are and how it comes apart. It's possible it has some debris lodged in it, or it could be worn out.

Reply to
trader4

It probably need taken apart and cleaned. You'd be surprised how much gunk can accumalate in one of those things. Also when you get into it think just how sanitary is it? But what people don't see don't hurt they say!!!!!!!!! tinacci

Reply to
tinacci336

As others have mentioned, a good cleaning of that part certainly seems to be in order. After that, I can wholeheartedly recommend a wonderful product that will help to keep it clean, a product called "Dishwasher Magic." You can see more on it here:

Good luck, and happy washing!

U.R. Hosed

***
Reply to