Car warranty

You are getting a chip. That will identify you wherever you are and keep track of where you go, almost as good as Google.

I suppose it will eliminate the need of carrying ID, Credit Cards or licenses.

Reply to
gfretwell

Cell phone, too. You just start hearing the voices in your head and seeing the texts hovering in front of your eyes.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

On 12/17/2019 9:11 PM, Clare Snyder wrote: ...

It's not really actual crazing that is the killer I observe but that the lens becomes cloudy apparently throughout since remove observable amounts of material from the surface didn't really affect the result that much.

I've never seen a yellow surface film develop; that sounds like might be the lens coating; this is the lens material itself that degrades. As before, it's an effect like a cataract that clouds the lenses. And, it's not just one vehicle.

I don't know what causes it, but it's pita...

Reply to
dpb

Well, it's what I said (several times over) that you complained about???

Reply to
dpb

So who gets 666???

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Funny I've never seen it. But just sanding it won't make it clear - even at 2000 grit you need to get a gloss on it - and the easiest way I've found is a clear coat. (and over the decades I've done a LOT of them)

Reply to
Clare Snyder

"light source" and "sealed beam" are not the same thing. The "sealed beam" is an integrated lens and reflector with a light source "sealed" in. All of today's common headlights are a reflector and lens fused together with a replaceable light source. Generally, in the automotive world, "sealed beams" are pattern controlled by fluting in the lens. The new "euro style" or "aero style" headlights can be pattern controlled either by the reflector or the lens. The prohibition was to putting a lens over a pattern controll engineered lens (whether sealed beam or not). There was a good reason for the prohibition because the second lens adulterated the beam pattern produced by the lens - particularly if dirty, fogged, distorted, or poorly engineered. This caused glare, among other issues.

The only systrm that has (toa large extent) gotten around this is a "projector beam" light - and the glare from SOME of them is TERRIBLE.

Haw do you propose controlling the pattern????

Reply to
Clare Snyder

I know all about polishing...it doesn't matter if the bulk material isn't clear which is what happens/has happened in my experience.

Dunno what else to tell you.

Reply to
dpb

There may be variation in the material or the quality of the material used in these various lenses that account for the differing experiences, where some can easily polish them back to excellent condition, while others can't. The ones I had experience with, twice, were BMW.

Reply to
trader_4