Car generator to power house

Actually I don't have a DVD player, sorry.

But I did look at the promo -- if there's going to be nobody around then does it really make any difference?

--

Reply to
dpb

On Jan 2, 12:15 pm, " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com" wrote: ...

Good for you...not many on a percentage-wise basis do I'd wager (altho that also probably tends to vary depending on just what local requirements are which I don't know for your area).

Lobby to change the ground rules.

Already answered elsewhere...

--

Reply to
dpb

On Jan 2, 12:37 pm, dpb wrote: ...

I realize that could imply various meanings... :)

What I was thinking of specifically was what bearing do a set of assumptions about completely unattended deterioration of facilities over a (assumed?) very long time have to do w/ actions and responses to actual events?

While perhaps an interesting science fiction "docudrama", seems to me of little, if any, practical significance. (I'm an engineer, remember? :) Just the facts, ma'am...)

Reply to
dpb

You mean like a BANK meltdown??

Reply to
clare

Tell you what will mail you a videotape:)

Actually the meltdown of the storage pools occurs very early in the show.

Just as soon as the diesel backup generators run out of fuel.The power grid as one would expect fails fast once its unattended

Could also be a terrorsty takeover of the plant, sabotage of any type, a airplane laden with bombs ran into the used storage pool building, disabiling cooling flow.

Reply to
hallerb

On Jan 2, 2:19 pm, " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com" wrote: ...

It is, then, is simply absurd if "very early in the show" implies a very short time frame for this event.

And again, as noted, it would be presumed there's no further intervention which isn't a credible action in the event of an actual event.

And, then again, there's the other interpretation of my previous comment which I didn't actually think of until I read it -- if there's nobody left around anyway, then so what? :)

But, any way, it's of absolutely no value in estimating a real risk and to think it is is again trying to make a chernobyl out of a tmi -- they ain't the same in the beginning therefore can't be the same in the end.

Again when you get this far out in left field, it's trolling and I'm definitely done now.

Worry about something that needs worrying over instead would be my suggestion.

Reply to
dpb