Car battery

I never bought an "interstate" battery in the first place.

Reply to
Oren

It does, actually.

Reply to
krw

Clueless.

Reply to
krw

So, is your position that all batteries made by Exide are the same?

Reply to
krw

My position is sitting near my front window overlooking the Arkansas River.

nb

Reply to
notbob

Energizer automobile battery? I've not heard of those. Just keeps on running?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Goodnight, Gracie.

Oh, that really hurt. I've been plonked. My posts won't appear on one PC, in one room in one house, read by one person. I'm just, sigh. Gonna have to cry myself to sleep tonight.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Well, at least you made your position clear. Now, is it your opinion that all batteries made by Exide are the same?

Reply to
krw

It's not just the top-posting -- mostly, it's the positioning of his sig, which breaks all followups. This has been explained to him repeatedly, and he's either too dim to understand, or too rude to care.

Reply to
Doug Miller

e:

Ah, no it doesn't.

Reply to
Ron

e:

Moron.

Reply to
Ron

Did you catch that from Halliburton?

Reply to
krw

Doug Miller wrote the following:

So, you are unable to follow the thread after reading 46 responses. ...or is it just the sig itself? I just post at the bottom so as not to upset the pedants.

Reply to
willshak

Hi, Battery life has lot to do with the climate.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Look at one of his posts. Elements occur in this order:

// in the wrong place // in the right place now

But, as I said, this has been explained to him numerous times. He's obviously either too stupid to understand, or too rude to care.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Average life of North American batteries is supposedly just over 3.5 years. Many Japanese (and possibly European as well) last 6 or more.

Many - and i'd emphasize MANY mass market replacement batteries sold with 3 or more year warrantees fail long before the warrantee is out - but the car has changed hands or the owner has misplaced the invoice, so the warrantee is void.

Reply to
clare

15 years ago if a Toyota battery didn't make 7 years here in the great white north, something was wrong. Don't know if they are still as good or not.

If a Delco battery lasted 5 you were extremely lucky - again, no idea if they have improved or?? The original battery in my PT Cruizer was replaced this winter - 8 years old and although it was a wee bit weak, the problem ended up being a bad battery CABLE (high resistance caused low voltage to starter) - replaced them both.

Original battery in the '96 Mystique was replaced in 1999 - the replacement (motorcraft) is still going strong. (touch wood)

Reply to
clare

I'd second the Interstate recommendation - the Megatron in particular.

Reply to
clare

The Vega and the Cadillac were both made by General Motors too. Doesn't make them the same car. Jaguar and Tata are made by the same company now too. Get the point??

Reply to
clare

Up here we get both. It's been over 33C all week, and we had a good stretch of -20C and below only 6 months ago.

Reply to
clare