Cannot find drawer track back plate

Greetings,

Recently my drawer broke in my kitchen and I realized it's because the track back plate cracked and I can't seem to find it anywhere. They have a replacement but it doesn't size up correctly and I'll have to do some customization that I'm trying to avoid. Would anyone know where I might be able to find this rare back plate whether it's a store or anywhere on the net? I checked the local hardware stores and Home depot but no luck. It's very hard to describe so I took a few pictures of it. It's about 5" long. I think these are the typical Home Depot butcher block looking cabinets but ironically they don't sell this particular replacement part.

Thanks and here are the pictures if anyone might be able to help,

Mike

Reply to
mike0219

If all else fails, you could try splinting it with some flashing wrapped around the back, and some tiny pop rivets through tiny holes wherever they won't get in the way. You just need to loosely hold the back end of the rod in the right spot, right? I have faked stuff like that before with miscellaneous hardware and plumbing flanges out of the junk box. Sometimes you can even shorten the rod a tad, if the drawer doesn't go all the way to the back of the cabinet. I've even seen it done with a bolt through the back of the cabinet, held in place by fender washers and a nut, with the shaft of the bolt jammed inside the channel. (Of course if you can't get to the back of the cabinet, that won't help.)

aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

Do you know who manufactured the cabinets? I recently had the same thing happen. When I contacted the company they told me they've had trouble with them and promptly sent me new ones. You can also google drawer runner rear mounting bracket. I found many different styles that way. Also look for any identifying mark on the runner itself, it might identify the manufacturer of the runner itself.

Reply to
Lee & Cathi Thomas

using "J B WELD". Dont use the "KWICK" set one but the longer set up one build it up as much as you have room to do so. J B Weld will make stronger than it orininally was. Looks like a simple thing to me to fix. You might want to remember that JB can fix a world of things very easy and its strength is that of steel.

Reply to
Jack