Buying a kitchen sink faucet in Chicago?

This is a major peeve of mine also. The new shower faucets (from most all manufacturers) are a single control design that go from off to on through cold, then add hot as you continue to rotate the handle. Think turning a bolt.

There is no way to a) set a prefered temp and then adjust the volume or b) reduce the volume for anything other that full cold.

It seriously sucks.

Reply to
Rick Blaine

Probably the result of a litigious society in which morons control the market because they're unable to figure how to adjust water temperature. I see a market here.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

The whole faucet is chrome plated plastic. The internal valves themselves might be brass but evrything else is plastic coated with a thin layer of chrome that eventually begins to peel off. Dave

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Reply to
Dave

That's weird. All 3 of mine are metal, except for the side mounted sprayer on the kitchen setup. That's the newest faucet, about 1 year old. I wonder if they make different product lines (like other manufacturers do) for different kinds of dealers.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

:>> In article , Ajanta :>> :>> wrote: :>>

:>> > Store: I know about Home Depot, but are there any local unknown (to me) :>> > gems that would be better? :>>

:>> Two gems: :>>

:>> Gerber on Milwaukee Ave., Remodelers Supply on Pulaski around :>> Addison/belmont :>

:> Here's a question- can you still get a shower-handle that does volume :> AND temp? All the Home-Despot stuff (Moen, AmSt) does not- according to :> my wife. She, and the builder both bought the same model of Moen that :> does ONLY temp; this is not good when putting Trent Jr. in the tub. :>

:> trent

: What do you mean "does only temp"? Are you saying that in terms of the : amount of water coming out, the handle gives you either off, or full force, : with nothing in between? If this is the case, I think it's time to call : Moen. Something sounds wrong. I can't believe anyone would design such a : thing.

Well, if your using the shower, you can get one of those shower cut off switches... mine doesn't just turn off/on, but can be used to slow down the flow (my faucet also does volumn, but I usually just turn it down at the head for shampooing).

Reply to
Chicago Paddling-Fishing

I had one of those. When I slowed down the flow, the temp changed drastically. Lousy design, I guess.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

:> :>> In article , Ajanta :> :>> :> :>> wrote: :> :>>

[...]

:> Well, if your using the shower, you can get one of those shower cut off :> switches... mine doesn't just turn off/on, but can be used to slow down :> the :> flow (my faucet also does volumn, but I usually just turn it down at the :> head for shampooing). :> John Nelson

: I had one of those. When I slowed down the flow, the temp changed : drastically. Lousy design, I guess.

Hmmmm... your saying yours only filtered out the hot water?

Reply to
Chicago Paddling-Fishing

No - the water got hotter. Not pure hot, but enough to make me pay attention and wonder what its next trick might me.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

So, you might like the kind whose main spout is also a sprayer that can be pulled out. That will (obviously) give you more room over a pot than even the high rise pull-up type. Colored finishes (typically white or black) will not have the problem with chrome chipping off of plastic that has been mentioned in this thread. If that leaves you with an unused hole in your sink deck, buy a plug to fill it, which will cost maybe a couple of bucks.

Menards may be worth looking at. They don't have as broad a line as Home Depot but they're often cheaper. (Aaaaagh, there goes that infernal jingle in my head again - 'you save big money, you save big money, when you shop Menards' -- you'll hear that a few dozen times if you visit a Menards store for an hour.)

Reply to
HiTech RedNeck

We put a soap dispenser in ours. The pull-out sprayer is definitely worth checking out.

Reply to
Kristian M Zoerhoff

The answer that makes sense. Which brings us back to Kenji's "real" store.

Thanks for the confirmation of what little I know about Home Despot/Menards.

trent

Reply to
trent

Shower like I do, under the hose.

trent

Reply to
trent

Which is why I KNOW they still make them- normal people still want them.

Maybe they make you sign a waiver at the store now...

trent

Reply to
trent

Reply to
trent

nice timely reply

Reply to
Kk

0Y_QjzKLd4439g4GSZnFW8aHOepHogtZIoR8PfJzU_WD9L31A_QLckMjyh0dFQGI7DXS/de

e64xml/L0lDU0lKQ1RPN29na21DU1NTUSEhL29Cb1FBQUlRZ2pGSUFBUWhDRUlRakdFSnpo

GaUNvMGVoMWljb25RVkdoZC1zSWIxVGRoQS83X0NfQTg2LzQzL3NhLnNwZl9BY3Rpb25MaX

g!!?PC_7_C_A86_group=ValveOnly&PC_7_C_A86_pid=T17030&PC_7_C_A86_functio

ower&PC_7_C_A86_area=Bath&PC_7_C_A86_task=DfcProductDetail&PC_7_C_A86_c

on=Classic&PC_7_C_A86_spf_strutsAction=!2fviewProductDetail.do#7_C_A86>

What's the standard reply time?

trent

Reply to
trent

"brie-dripping bastardization of our brainwork"

Kk

0Y_QjzKLd4439g4GSZnFW8aHOepHogtZIoR8PfJzU_WD9L31A_QLckMjyh0dFQGI7DXS/de

e64xml/L0lDU0lKQ1RPN29na21DU1NTUSEhL29Cb1FBQUlRZ2pGSUFBUWhDRUlRakdFSnpo

GaUNvMGVoMWljb25RVkdoZC1zSWIxVGRoQS83X0NfQTg2LzQzL3NhLnNwZl9BY3Rpb25MaX

g!!?PC_7_C_A86_group=ValveOnly&PC_7_C_A86_pid=T17030&PC_7_C_A86_functio

ower&PC_7_C_A86_area=Bath&PC_7_C_A86_task=DfcProductDetail&PC_7_C_A86_c

on=Classic&PC_7_C_A86_spf_strutsAction=!2fviewProductDetail.do#7_C_A86>

11:36 AM local time.
Reply to
clifto

0Y_QjzKLd4439g4GSZnFW8aHOepHogtZIoR8PfJzU_WD9L31A_QLckMjyh0dFQGI7DXS/de

e64xml/L0lDU0lKQ1RPN29na21DU1NTUSEhL29Cb1FBQUlRZ2pGSUFBUWhDRUlRakdFSnpo

GaUNvMGVoMWljb25RVkdoZC1zSWIxVGRoQS83X0NfQTg2LzQzL3NhLnNwZl9BY3Rpb25MaX

g!!?PC_7_C_A86_group=ValveOnly&PC_7_C_A86_pid=T17030&PC_7_C_A86_functio

ower&PC_7_C_A86_area=Bath&PC_7_C_A86_task=DfcProductDetail&PC_7_C_A86_c

on=Classic&PC_7_C_A86_spf_strutsAction=!2fviewProductDetail.do#7_C_A86>

Oh- duh. My clock was set to daylight reply time.

trent

Reply to
trent

model

0Y_QjzKLd4439g4GSZnFW8aHOepHogtZIoR8PfJzU_WD9L31A_QLckMjyh0dFQGI7DXS/de

e64xml/L0lDU0lKQ1RPN29na21DU1NTUSEhL29Cb1FBQUlRZ2pGSUFBUWhDRUlRakdFSnpo

GaUNvMGVoMWljb25RVkdoZC1zSWIxVGRoQS83X0NfQTg2LzQzL3NhLnNwZl9BY3Rpb25MaX

g!!?PC_7_C_A86_group=ValveOnly&PC_7_C_A86_pid=T17030&PC_7_C_A86_functio

ower&PC_7_C_A86_area=Bath&PC_7_C_A86_task=DfcProductDetail&PC_7_C_A86_c

on=Classic&PC_7_C_A86_spf_strutsAction=!2fviewProductDetail.do#7_C_A86>

Typical alcoholic excuse ...

Reply to
Tushar Samant