Black and Decker 18 volt drill runs backwards???

Every drill I have owned has always had the button setup so that if you press the button from the right side of the drill it drills (or screws IN) and if you press the button from the left, it reverses or screws out. On the Black and Decker I got a little while ago, it is the opposite. Is this thing put together wrong, or did B&D decide they should be different from everyone else in the world. My previous B&D was right, this one is backwards. Of course, the dewalt drills they also make are right. What's the deal here???

Any input appreciated.

Reply to
Mick

Model number?

Reply to
Travis Jordan

B&D is the low end of the low end quality and price wise. I dont buy B&D for just that reason.

D Walt who they own are much better quality. In fact nearly anything is better than B&D

They probably saved 3 cents per drill by using that backwards switch.

Their design team!

We HAVE to build this drill for $8 cost max so it can sell at store level for $19.99

OK go design it, at that price people will accept minor inconveniences

Reply to
hallerb

B&D? Like Timex watch? Reversing the switch wires won't be a big deal if you disassemble.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

A motion sensor would work, but of the 20 times I use the bath to pee I only need cold water to wash. The expense is unesscarily heating the pipes , in summer it is a pure waste of energy , I saw a system that uses a button to run a pump and it is set to turn off at a programable temp. I went Ng tankless my run is short anyway.

Reply to
m Ransley

Sorry, that'd help huh?

It's the PS3750

Thanks all...

Reply to
Mick

Wow, and it looks like they blow up too...

Mick