Black and Decker chucks

As B and D own dewalt are their chucks as bad as the B and D ones . I have been using regular keyed chucks all my life and tightening then the same way as keyless chucks are today . This is fine so long as a very high torque is required then the chuck will slip.No problem as in cases such as this one can easily resort to the chuck key [ if you can find it].

Seems to me the BandD chucks slip at lower torque levels and of course one cannot revert to the chuck key . The question is is their a replacement for the crappy plastic chucks and secondly does anyone else experience these same problems ...mjh

--

Mike Hide

Most of the DeWalt chucks are professional models from Jacobs or Rohm and are much better than the B&D junk. Everything's interchangable so you can mount whatever you want on your drill.

GTO(John)

Reply to
GTO69RA4

Reply to
Anthony Diodati

The chuck on my 14.4v DeWalt cordless has been excellent as well.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y
    • P
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

DeWalts tend to use differing quality Jacobs chucks depending on the cost of the drill, the odd Rohm chuck thrown in the mix for good measure, we rarely replace the DeWalt chucks with identical ones as our customers almost always benefit from a better quality one, even a $5 more expensive chuck is worth the money tenfold, we only carry professional or industrial chucks mostly by Makita or Jacobs & our customers get a better one more often than not whether they like it or not.

My advise is if you need to replace the chuck it probably warrants upgrading as well or it would not have failed in the first place.

Reply to
P©WÉ®T©©LMAN