Bloack & decker batteries in Dewalt Drill

I need to get a new batterie for my 14.4v dewalt drill and I found some Black & decker battiers that look just like the dewalt anyone ever tried the black & decker in the Dewalt or vise versa?

Richard

Reply to
richard

That's kind of like putting the engine from an old Ford Pinto in a Rolls Royce. You just have to suck it up and either get the DeWalt batteries rebuilt or buy a new one- while they're expensive, they will effectively double the life of the drill.

Reply to
Prometheus

There is certainly some compatibility between Elu, DeWalt and Black & Decker.

Unable to find a replacement EZWA 29 9.6V 1.25Ah NiCd battery for my elderly Elu 9.6V BSA10K drill, I noticed a Black and Decker A9251 9.6V NiCd battery for sale at a local store. The fitting looked the same, the voltage was the same, and the capacity of the B&D was unlikely to be less than the 1.25Ah of the original. It works just fine in my Elu EZAL 10 1hr charger and I'm very happy with it.

If you Google around with part numbers, you will probably find details of batteries that are compatible with yours. Using the above example,

gives the following compatibility between B&D and DeWalt batteries:

Dewalt DW9061, DE9062, DW9062, Also B&Decker PS120, A9251

Given the advances made in battery technology, it is possible that batteries with a higher specification to the original fitment are now available for your drill as backwards-compatible replacements, so buying the same model number as originally fitted may not be the best option.

Forrest

Reply to
Forrest Anderson

After more than 25 years of buying tools it would be my recommendation that you toss that piece of crap dewalt in the garbage. It used to be a good company until B&D took it over. Stay clear of any B&D product unless your not serious about your projects. If your bound and determied to spend the money on a new battery you will find little difference in the cost of a battery and a new drill. Buy a new drill, even if you find the B&D / Dewalt battery the tool will not last long enoung to fully use the second battery. Do yourself a favor and get rid of that garbage. Lou

Reply to
Lou

Lou, I entirely agree with every word! I mean, hornets are yellow and black as a warning that they are really NASTY!

Reply to
Limey Lurker

Okay...so what do you use or more to the point: recommend? Criticism without a solution is never constructive.

Michael

Lou wrote:

Reply to
maico

If the hookup is the same, just check to make sure the voltage is equivalent and that the amp hours is equal or greater in the B&D batteries.

Reply to
Larry Bud