Dewalt 1" SDS DW567 Drill question

I bought a used one, do not have it on hand, but need to buy some bits for it. Is an SDS 1" drill universal or do I need to buy specific 1" bits for dewailt?

Also, do hardware stores stock chuck adapters for SDS drills?

thanks

Reply to
byrsc

SDS bits are standard and you don't need to buy DeWalt. BTW, Harbor Freight has killer prices on SDS bits. I have not seen the chuck adapters at the local hardware stores. Milwaukee has them packaged with the drill but not sure they would sell you just the chuck.

Reply to
Jack

There are SDS and SDS Max drills. If you are sure about the SDS, all will interchange. The 1" means nothing other than that is the maximum sized bit meant to work with that drill. It will work all the other sizes smaller than 1".

Once you have used an SDS bit, you really won't want a chuck and adapter. The one made by Bosch is excellent, if you insist. These are not hardware store items. Find a commercial tool vendor in your area.

______________________________ Keep the whole world singing . . . . DanG (remove the sevens) snipped-for-privacy@7cox.net

Reply to
DanG