dewalt batteries

Hi All,

I have a Dewalt DW907 Drill from Screwfix:

of the batteries has died off and I am looking to replace it, does

anyone here know if I can use a higher Ah rating than the 1.3Ah battery that shipped with the tool? Does anyone have a recommended supplier of (well priced!) batteries?

TIA

Gerry

Reply to
Cuprager

IIRC you can now get up top 4300mAh in Sub C NiMh cells, and about 3600 in NiCd, those these are deprecated on account of te cadmium.

Someone will tell you where to get it recelled.

1300 cells went out wit the ark. Dont think you can get em any more. 1700 is the smallest I have seen recently.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Thanks for the reply - do you know if the stock charger would handle the charging of the larger capacity cells?

Reply to
Cuprager

The answer is it won't do any harm. It should sense the batteries are fully charged then switch off - but there are so many variations on the market.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Surely a NiCd chareger is different from a NiMH one....but really, for drills which cost over =A3200, there's no excuse for using 1970's technology any more (NiCd).

snipped-for-privacy@mailroute44.com

Reply to
charlotte

Really? Ni-Cads have a longer service life than NiMh. The ultimate capacity from a given size/weight isn't everything on power tools.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I believe they are also better at very high discharge rates.

However just about every 'automatic/intelligent' charger I have seen is for both NiCd and NiMh (apart from the ones for Lead Acid batteries of course!). The means of detecting full charge, while different for NiMh and NiCd, is similar enough for the electronics to cope with both.

Reply to
tinnews

If it's intended for NiCds it should handle higher capacity NiCds but I wouldn't try it on NiMHs which AIUI require somewhat different electronics to charge correctly (I think their 'delta-V' is less pronounced than for NiCds).

There are often sellers on eBay doing deWalt kit including batteries but last time I looked it was all 18V kit and I didn't see any lower voltage stuff.

Reply to
John Stumbles

You can certainly use a higher capacity - although it will take longer to charge. Depending on the charger you may be able to switch to NiMh, but then again you may not.

Try these:

John Rumm