Best glue for bonding plastic to plastic?

Pity about the last one in that list.

Reply to
Rod Speed

I just took it from a quick google search so you must be correct. Both ABS and PVC are easy to bond and same cements would probably work for both as solvents are similar. We had this discussion on PVC and CPVC and it was agreed the best glue to use would be one designed for it whereas others could be adequate. The toughest polymers to bond listed here are PET the PE's and PP.

There are a hell of a lot more commercial polymers not listed above and bonding conditions are different.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

"fiberglass" as in "fiberglass re-enforced plastic" can be polyester, vinylester, or several; other plastics for the binder - or it can have epoxy

Reply to
Clare Snyder

They are (more or less) after an engine fire - --

Reply to
Clare Snyder