Benchmade Knives controvery

I recently came across a post that Benchmade has made political contributions to an anti-2'nd amendment politician. This seems to be counter intuitive to me. Your thoughts?
--
Tekkie

On 2/24/2019 1:38 PM, Tekkie® wrote:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Related-to-Benchmade-Knives-records-of-their-Political-Contributions-to-Anti-Gun-Officials/5-2196356/
--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

unter

f-their-Political-Contributions-to-Anti-Gun-Officials/5-2196356/
Thanks Terry, I have looked at this. I am getting pi**sed.
--
Tekkie

On 2/24/2019 4:28 PM, Tekkie® wrote:

  There's lots more , search terms : Benchmade Knives political donations . They were involved in cutting up some guns with an Oregon PD ... weasel words followed .
--
Snag
Yes , I'm old
Terry Coombs posted for all of us...

counter

s-of-their-Political-Contributions-to-Anti-Gun-Officials/5-2196356/

I saw that in the forums. The owner of Benchmade really did not do the company a favor in his U tube vid. Poor production just accented the weasel words. Actions speak louder than words. Like one poster in the forums state d if Oregon is so bad, move like Mag Pul did.
I do not care about them cutting up firearms that the PD was legally mandated to destroy. I disagree in the laws regarding the destruction.
This reminds me, I have to get that web site so I can look up the local critters.
--
Tekkie

On 2/24/2019 5:28 PM, Tekkie® wrote:

Makes sense in a way. Get rid of guns and there will probably be a bigger market for knives.
Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us...

counter

s-of-their-Political-Contributions-to-Anti-Gun-Officials/5-2196356/

Then we will be like England, outlaw guns, then outlaw knives, what shape are they in?
--
Tekkie

On 02/24/2019 03:28 PM, Tekkie® wrote:

No problem here. I've got enough knives to open a cutlery store and none of them are Benchmade. I have nothing against them but they are a little pricey for EDC. A Randall filled my needs for a high ticket knife.
On 2/24/19 7:21 PM, rbowman wrote:

Always wondered about "high ticket" knives.
Are they truly better- e.g.,sharper, stronger, take and hold hold an edge better, etc.?
Or are they more like "designer" clothes and accessories- just more expensive with prices driven by collector/knife-snob appeal?
--
Ever notice the shortage of "armed law-abiding citizen” victim tragedy
stories in the news?

ds-of-their-Political-Contributions-to-Anti-Gun-Officials/5-2196356/

I believe they are. I like the 'fit' in my hand.

Not to me they are not. Strictly utilitarian.
I just happen to like them. It is all user choice. There are many cheaper and more expensive lines. I have used cheaper knives but when the factory edge rolled over on me I started thinking about if I was on an emergency call and needed it could someones life depend on it?
--
Tekkie

rbowman posted for all of us...

counter

s-of-their-Political-Contributions-to-Anti-Gun-Officials/5-2196356/

I have a Randall, but really like(d) the Benchmade line. I guess it is all personal preference.
--
Tekkie

On 2/25/2019 2:28 PM, Tekkie® wrote:

Looks like factory is in Oregon and senators there are dems. I guess it is like Trump supporting Schumer when he was in New York to gain some favor. They are a small company and I can't see where giving to any politician except in area where they are directly located would benefit them.
I'm knifed up too and have had most of them before this company got started. My Buck knives used for hunting are quality knives as they have held up all these years with good usage and ability to easily restore a keen edge.