Barbers

OT How many of you get haircuts these days? Versus how many of you don't in order to avoid close contact with a barber?

How many of your wives go to the beauty parlor? versus, same question?

I think Cindy is the only regular poster here who is a woman, and IIRC she didn't go to the beauty parlor in the first place, but if I've got that wrong, same questions in reverse to Cindy.

Reply to
micky

My husband has been cutting his own hair for years. He has so little left that it's foolish to go to the barber to have them run clippers over his entire head. He got his own electric clipper.

I've been going to Fantastic Sam's for bimonthly haircuts for quite some time. I last did so in February 2020, if memory serves. Since then my husband and I have been cutting my hair. I've never really liked going to the salon, and the results from us whacking at it with clippers, scissors, and a razor comb are not terribly different from a professional cut--once I slather on some mousse to get everything to stay in place where I want it (which I've always done).

I don't much care what I look like. I cut my hair short (about 1" on top, less on the back and sides) for convenience. When it gets so long I have visible "bed head", I cut it.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelica...