Any household vacuum cleaners manufactured in a democracy?

Bissell Hoover Dyson Eureka, and any other common brands. I'm looking for information about how much each company depends on outsourcing for manufacturing and customer support. How much of their stuff is made by faceless workers in some undisclosed location in China? Thanks.

Reply to
John Doe

Electrolux but you can't afford it.

Reply to
Van Chocstraw

I think Israel is a democracy. What other countries are? I'm not sure but maybe Switzerland? You want a vacuum that works from right to left?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

geez didnt you hear? if its not from china americans arent permitted to buy it?

Reply to
hallerb

The guy selling the Dyson has a British accent; that should count for something.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Bissell (copied from press releases):

BISSELL has a worldwide network with facilities in China, Korea, and Hong Kong, as well as locations in Europe, Canada, and Mexico. The next WAN optimization project for BISSELL is a second facility in China, followed by a third location in Hong Kong.

Bissell plans to invest approximately $9 million in an expansion and the opening an Innovation Center at its facility in Walker [Michigan]. The Innovation Center would be a centralized location for research and development related to Bissell?s new and existing product lines. The project is expected to create 214 jobs, including

106 directly by the company.
Reply to
John Doe

Madonna has a British accent, too.

Reply to
salty

And she sucks!!

Reply to
Kuskokwim

So... except for couch potatoes who feel comfortable listening to the whining of Lou Dobbs or whatever one-way media show, nobody really cares enough to know anything about where their products are made? Saving a few cents is more important than democracy to you?

Reply to
John Doe

That's quite a leap of logic.

Reply to
salty

You know what they say about lucas appliances? Their vacuums are the only appliances that DON'T suck.

Reply to
clare

As if logic matters among people who think they are cute making light of saving a few pennies at the expense of democracy. When you vote, do you pat yourself on the back thinking you've done your part? Wrong. It's not the politician you vote for, it's your fellow citizens who will safeguard democracy if you give a damn.

nlpi059.nbdc.sbc.com!flph199.ffdc.sbc.com!prodigy.com!flph200.ffdc.sbc.com!prodigy.net!newshub.sdsu.edu!feeder.erje.net!news.motzarella.org!motzarella.org!news.motzarella.org!not-for-mail

U2FsdGVkX199OWXhOmahsxBsk1mUSqGeGipMthLAIi9dRM8auzIhSHc7i6bk03nSAYo2mIcyl5NwgdG7gokV9VpVfOZizPVGKCzMBrJ1AZGudevqe2rYcRo8YWOB4gCrEAVqs0gk4UQ=

Reply to
John Doe

I think you need to switch to the coffee in the green can, buddy.

Reply to
salty

Read: Advertising and marketing drones making sure the plastic pieces are of the right shape and color to stimulate interest for the product line in the "bright and shiny" demographic.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

Dunno about you but by buying made in China, I'm helping to breed a billion greedy capitalists and bring about the end of the last great Communist threat.

See, even though what the Chinese labor earns is a pittance by our standards, it's a good living wage by their standards. They have more money than just enough for food clothing shelter now, and they're starting to want "stuff." That's a good thing. Increased demand for goods and services will soon outpace their ability to produce for them and us, prices will go up, and suddenly it will be cheaper to produce goods in the US.

Reply to
mkirsch1

Yes.

Yes.

They always have.

Nope.

Nope.

Nope, you watch.

Have fun explaining why nothing like what you claim happened with Japan.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Bissell Healthy Home 5770 5990... China Bissell Pet Hair Eraser 3920 39209... Korea Bissell Lift-Off Revolution Pet 4220 3760... Korea Dyson DC07... Malaysia Dyson DC25 All Floors... Malaysia Hoover Elite Rewind U5507900... China Hoover Wind Tunnel U5753900... Mexico Hoover Wind Tunnel Baged/Bagless U8188900... Mexico Hoover Wind Tunnel Cyclonic U5780900... China

Not sure if I've got all of the part numbers right, but name and brand matches the country of origin. No doubt they can change over time.

Reply to
John Doe

I'm thinking the answer is no. Must not be any vac cleaners made in a democracy.

Which countries are democracy any more? I've heard Israel is. USA is a constitutional Republic, and is not a democracy.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

The issue isn't black and white.

Says a troll playing semantics. Are you suffering from the ones and zeros disease, moron?

Reply to
John Doe