Amana refrigerator

I have an Amana refrigerator (stainless, side by side, model # ARS2464B*) that a) I replaced the water filter but the "needs new filter" light remains and b) every time we open/close the refrigerator, the freezer door opens due to poor magnetic stripping (I think) and a bunch of stuff in our freezer thaws.

Help on any of these things ?????

Reply to
MorganClark

I have no advice to suggest....but can offer my understanding and sympathy. I also have the Amana SxS, and it does the same thing! I finally (ha! Maybe I have some advice after all) ...I finally bought a strong, flat strip magnet at IKEA - the type meant for knives, with quite a strong magnet. It is inconvenient, and I tend to not use it during the day when somebody can keep an eye on the beast, but at least at night, the freezer doesn't stand open 3" all night and defrost all the food. I will eventually call in the Pros but for now, this keeps the door shut.

organClark wrote:

Reply to
LizzyBWizard

I have no advice to suggest....but can offer my understanding and sympathy. I also have the Amana SxS, and it does the same thing! I finally (ha! Maybe I have some advice after all) ...I finally bought a strong, flat strip magnet at IKEA - the type meant for knives, with quite a strong magnet. It is inconvenient, and I tend to not use it during the day when somebody can keep an eye on the beast, but at least at night, the freezer doesn't stand open 3" all night and defrost all the food. I will eventually call in the Pros but for now, this keeps the door shut.

organClark wrote:

Reply to
LizzyBWizard

Hi,

That is part of a full model#.

Check your use&care manual, should have a button to push and hold to reset the filter light....EG: The indicator light on the door dispenser is reset by simultaneously pressing the "Dispenser Lock" and "Water" pads for four seconds. The green indicator light will flash three times when a reset has successfully occurred.

Bad door closure, something inside hitting the door, bad or dirty door gasket, door rubbing the liner, hinge worn. Might offer some tips/insight...

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid