A crook caught

The proprietor of a Pinellas, Florida based air conditioning contracting company has been recently charged and arrested on two felony counts of grand theft in conjunction with operation of an unlicensed air conditioning company. The details are as follow: James A. McClow, Jr. President Seminole Air Conditioning, Inc.

8615 Seminole Blvd. Seminole, FL 33772 Home address: 7298 Rosetree Place West Seminole, Florida 33772 DOB: 04/11/68 Charged: 8/10/05 with two felony counts of grand theft and operating an unlicensed air conditioning company. Arrested: 8/25/05 and 10/11/05 and free on $10,000 bond. Pinellas case: CRC0515558CFANO CTC0522253MMANO
Reply to
R. Pierce Butler

Because he was operating without a license or what?

Reply to
Bill

Travis Jordan

Geez, what a nitpicker !!!!!!

I suppose he's going to claim 'coil damage' on THIS ??? There's just no telling with some people ....

Pick Pick Pick !!!!

Hey, a little hammer action and it'll be OK !!!

And a little silicone, good as new !!!

This probably made him feel better !

"Mr. Stateson, Thank you for contacting Goodman Mfg. According to the information provided, this unit was purchased via the Internet. Our warranty states that we do not honor any warranty on products purchased over the Internet. Your current situation is one example of why Goodman does not recommend units being purchased over the Internet .

Please contact HomeAC.net for any further assistance.

Thanks

Byron Kirkwood Goodman Consumer Affairs"

Reply to
.p.jm

Yeah sure, whatever. The whiny HVAC "techs" will continue to fight their losing battle against the day A/C installs are as simple as plugging in a toaster. I know a number of folks who successfully installed mini-splits, and the day is coming when the larger stuff will be plug-n-play too.

The HVAC industry only has itself to blame as their ranks are full of no-account, lazy, dumb-ass techs who charge full fare for sub-standard work. They act like carrying a hose set entitles them to neurosurgeon pay, when many can't multiply 12x12 in their head!

Reply to
Tim Killian

I guess you haven't seen the new stuff thats been federaly mandated and coming soon to an HVAC tech near you.

13 SEER split heat system pumps are not exactly "plug and play" as you insinuate.

Pot, kettle, black???

I guess you must use the lowest bidder neurosurgen?? Or do you do your own??

Reply to
Noon-Air

LOL! Yeah baby! *snap*

Reply to
Bill

Now, all of a sudden, you're concerned about homeowners?

RicodJour

And if I had a dollar for every moaner who has told the story of having someone other than a legit contractor do it because it was a dollar cheaper....

You shouldn't hiring techs. You should be hiring licensed contractors.

Most moaners problems stem from hiring the unqualified. But hey. You get what you pay for.

Reply to
Bill

No, the HMO does that for you.

Amy.

Reply to
Amy L

Oh yes, the "licensed, insured" contractor. You must mean the guys who have a salesman in the office and and a girl who actually answers their phones? I've dealt with their ilk on several occasions and they seem to have the same dumb asses working for them as well. Ex.: A $6K heat pump system they installed stops working after two weeks, so they send out Mr. Earring. Earring boy replaces a circuit board, the same one, 4 times over a two week period, and then tells me that my attic is too hot, and they're not going to replace it under warranty again. I call Mr. Fatass, the owner of HVAC Supremo and tell him that he needs to send out a competent tech, one who at least finished high school. They send out their "best man" and he determines the problem is a short in some god damned outside wiring. He is gracious enough to apologize for my lost time, and admits that half the guys in his shop are total f*ck-ups.

So maybe I'm one of those "home-moaners" who expects to get what they paid for. Pardon the hell out of me, Mr. HVAC asshole.

Reply to
Tim Killian

No, what you found is a company with at least one incompetent tech, if not more. You deal with it or find another company that has a competent staff. Its the same in this business as it is in car mechanics, doctors, lawyers and even the local store in your hometown. Some people/companies suck and others are great. Get rid of your suck company and find a great one. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Earring boy has cousins who work here, too. One is a mechanic down at the Ford garage where I get my truck worked on. Another works at the HVAC company that services my equipment. Several of them work at restaurants around here. One earring boy cousin works down at the carwash and smears the windows for each of the customers.

Fucking earring boy's family! Those assholes should not be allowed to reproduce. That is about the only thing they can do well.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

There's an inverse correlation between the size of someone's brain and the minuteness of the trivia they use to differentiate themselves from people to which they wish to feel superior.

RicodJour

Cost and whether a company has a girl to answer to their phone isn't what I meant by qualified.

I'm sure the earring guy appreciates the training he got on your dollar.

Just what criteria did you use to hire these company's?

What did you ask for.

Reply to
Bill

This is Turtle.

Well Tim , I'm glad you posted this as you did for there is a thought that is been long over due as to answering to a reply like this.

About 1/2 of the hvac people that is in the business is not qualified or should not be in the business and the other 1/2 is qualified to be in it. 30 years ago when i was a youngster in the HVAC business just about everybody was qualified to be there and then come who can sell for the cheapest price. Then there was a fast speed volume of techs and business owners that jumped into the business to joint the how cheap will you go team. We still have it right now and they will just throw a system in and then the customer will cry about it to the other professional business owners when they have to come fix the screw ups that these clown caused.

Thank you for litting this come to lite here !

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

Like you weasel? Dance hack boi!

Reply to
Bill

The more minute the minuteness the bigger the brain? I think he just gave you a heluva compliment, Oscar.

Reply to
Steve Scott

Yes unfortunately that is how it is. Im in the trade and have been for a long time and you are 100% correct. Heres the real deal. The owner has the license and his flunkies work under that license. Most owners with employees dont have any clue about the nuts and bolts end of the biz.

Ive seen assholes come out of school with a god damn associates degree in HVAC and they could not for the f***in life of me tell me which way a fan blade or blower wheel has to turn to move air. Its just sad but the chances of getting a licensed professional f*ck up are far greater then getting someone who has a clue and it just gets worse as the years roll by.

Reply to
ftwhd

This is Turtle.

Billy Bob , I was speaking about you as the 1/2 that has no business in the HVAC/R Business and does not have a clue ! Well atleast you was smart enough to know I was talking about you !

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE