A/C vs. swamp cooler? (2023 Update)

We're 90% water anyway aren't we?

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

What do you mean they have air vents?

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

The trouble is they aren't automatic. And it assumes that the vents are always where the air collects. I often get air stuck in the middle of some piping, or in the pump.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

I can't believe you guys store oil indoors! In the UK the tank is outside. No smells, no leaks, no problem.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

On Wed, 09 May 2018 06:16:38 +0100, Clare Snyder wr= ote:

Cheaper than the UK price of =A30.12 (yours equates to =A30.10). That's= not expensive. Parts of the US are cheaper, and parts are quite a lot = more expensive.

-- =

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

To do what?

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Those were built before we invented this crazy idea that we must be cosy all the time. Humans are warm blooded.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

The 12 foot ceilings are nice. I detest the cramped modern houses with only 8 foot ceilings.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Smell better? You mean less BO? Or an increased ability to detect things with your nose?

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

I find white noise anything but pleasant. In fact any nonstop noise pisses me off.

I prefer to be able to lay paperwork on my desk and have it stay there.

Also moving air will cool you down, so you then need to heat the room more.

All I saw in that was:

1) We want it smaller. 2) You want it to cool aswell.

I guess those are enough reasons.

That claims air heating is inefficient. Why would that be so?

I assume by "they're cheaper" you mean the air ones are cheaper, so why would we put in the more expensive ones?

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

My mistake, I'm thinking of lettuces. It always surprised me you can't crunch a lettuce leaf in your hand and get soaking wet.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

You must have some pretty fragile glass there if vibrating the frame shatters it.

Reply to
gfretwell

Maybe so.

Reply to
gfretwell

Why don't you? You can see my posts, so clearly you haven't killfiled me, or your killfile is broken. Stop asking others to do your work for you.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

While it's running?!?

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

If I was there at all I would not be in England anyway. We are thinking about visiting Scotland and Ireland tho and avoiding any big cities as much as possible. I would not walk over to the window of the airport lounge to look at a "royal".

Reply to
gfretwell

Tell her to killfile me herself. For some reason she can see your replies to me, so her killfile isn't much better than your missing one. If I killfile someone, I never ever see them again, not even in replies. Because I had the sense to install a fully functional newsreader.

If [entire message] contains "Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" then delete.

Easy enough.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Are you two fanbois of me or something?

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

It has been 50 years since I was around a radiator but the ones we had in my high school had some kind of vent on the side that seemed to be letting air/steam out a lot.

Reply to
gfretwell

My point is to move a picture you must be shaking the entire wall. That's a lot of shaking.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife